1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink stopped working?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tracega, Feb 14, 2007.

1. tracega

tracega Guest

I've had dvdshrink for a few weeks, and it has worked perfect. Then I started downloading other freeware and my problems started. It says I don't have enough file space to burn anything. I've emptied the trash, cleaned out anything I could. Nothing is working. I downloaded a free trial of Clonedvd, convertXtoDVD,VobBlocker, and have since removed all but Clonedvd. Is there a possible conflict with Clonedvd, or should I just remove Dvdshrink and download it again?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tracega

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Might try defragmenting your HDD and then run cccleaner to help free up any available space.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If you're sure you've got enough space on your hard drive to store the video files (lets say approx 16GB), then the error shrink is producing could be a copy protection issue that it can't handle. CloneDVD doesn't contain a ripper (unless used with anydvd), so it won't be able to help, try using any one of these free application:

DVDFab decrypter
    Ripit4me

Both apps are updated to handle copy protection issues, they work well and are pretty simple to use. The links are provided below.....

4. tracega

tracega Guest

I did a cleanup and defragmented, and it worked. I was so caught up with all the new software, I never stopped to think about my memory. Thanks for the help, all of you guys are great, what would do without you.
    Big Kiss :p
    Tracega

5. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

You're welcome!

6. tracega

tracega Guest

My memory situation is fixed now thanks to you guys, however, my Dvdshrink is still not working right. I tried to burn a dvd that was,"Toy Story" just the movie, I had over 18,000mb available and when it got to the burn process it said the disc did not have enough space. Could it be these Sony-dvd+r disc? I have used around 100 of them with only one spinner, but I don't really know too much about the media I should use. Sorry about rambling. I'm just frustrated.
    Tracega

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Not the media. Sony +R is usually TY or Sony, both good. Get DVD Identifier, free, just google. Then post the results here. But like I said, Taiyo Yuden and Sony both manufacture good media.

What were you using for decryption with the DVD Shrink.

You should try RipIt4Me. Just leave the Shrink set to burn with Nero if you have it. If not I'd suggest burning to the hard drive and then burn with ImgBurn (it has burn speed control and DVD Decrypter doesn't.

Title:
    RipIt4Me Quick Start Guide + DVD Shrink.

Round up your Software for the installation if you don't already have them installed.

DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0

FixVTS Home page or

FixVTS at

AD

RipIt4Me Home page

With those 4 you can do a high quality backup.

Steps:
    1) Install DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.
    Note: Shrink and Decrypter need to be installed before RipIt4Me.
    If already installed you're ahead of the game. LOL

2)Use the RipIt4Me installer. It installs RipIt4Me and a version of FixVTS. Let the program install to the

default directory (unless there's a particular reason you can't), C:\Program Files\RipIt4Me .

3)Update FixVTS if necessary. The current version for update is 1.6.9.0. Open the FixVTS 1.6.0.3 and copy

the FixVTS.exe into the RipIt4Me folder in Program Files to replace the version already there.

RipIt4Me is now installed and ready to operate. If the above steps were followed, the paths in RI4M should already

be set. You can check the paths to DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and FixVTS
    (Open Logs/Settings - Preferences - Program Paths. See #2 in 2nd image below.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When in the RipIt4Me Preferences window you can rest the cursor over a setting and a box will open explaining the

function. (#1 in image above, cursor isn't visible over command setting, but explanation box is showing. Use this

function as much as possible to learn commands for RipIt4Me) Also Reading the short

official guide would be a good idea.

Leave the update notification on and keep the software updated for best results.

Hint (nothing to do with RI4M, but a good idea): If you had FixVTS installed before you will now have 2 instances,

wherever you had it before and in the RipIt4Me folder. To keep from getting myself confused, I removed an old

version of FixVTS I had previously installed. I left the version in RipIt4Me. If you choose to do the same delete

the old version and remove any shortcut you had for it. Go to Start/All Programs/RipIt4Me and right click on the

FixVTS shortcut and Copy and then Paste the shortcut to the Desktop. This allows you a desktop shortcut for FixVTS

when you want to use it without RI4M. You can always access it in Start/All Programs/RipIt4Me, but I like the

quicker access.

4)Make sure all on-the-fly decryption software is off.
    If you make a mistake it gives a warning.

[​IMG]

5)Put the DVD in the drive.

6)Open RipIt4Me and Select Wizard or 1-Click Mode.
    I'd suggest 1-Click because it does everything the wizard does automatically.

[​IMG]

7)When the Step 1 - Pick Drive, Target Folder and Rip Mode window opens be sure all boxes are checked under

FixVTS settings.
    (Picture above)
    If Process in place is left unchecked you will get a backup of your original files from before FixVTS

processing. With a 7GB DVD it would take up 14GB on the hard drive. It's optional, some may want the backup files.

Remember the backup is the original unprocessed and possibly noncompliant files.
    Be sure the Rip settings output is set to what you want.

8)Click Next
    Now you wait for RipIt4Me to rip and process the files. The files will be copied to the target Directory listed (or

selected) in the Step 1 - Pick Drive, Target Folder and Rip Mode window.

9)The cleaned files will be opened in DVD Shrink automatically.
    The quick analysis checks the files for compliance.

[​IMG]

If the files open properly, you should have compliant files.

At this point RipIt4Me is complete, it's finished the job of cleaning the files and making them compliant. The

files are now cleaned and can be used in almost any editing, transcoding or encoding program.

10) Since the files are open in DVD Shrink and we want a free backup we'll continue on. Remember from this

point on it is purely Shrink and nothing more to do with RipIt4Me.
    Select either Full Disc or Re-author

[​IMG]

11)Click Backup to open the Backup window.

[​IMG]

12)While in the Backup Window Check the Quality Settings if the compression is very high. This takes longer

but the quality of the video output is better. (Image above)

13)Set the burner option in DVD Shrink for DVD Decrypter.

[​IMG]

14)Put a recordable disc in the burner drive and let the drive get ready.

15)Once burner drive is ready click OK in the Backup Window. (Image Below)

[​IMG]

Now you sit back and wait for the DVD backup.

8. tracega

tracega Guest

I use Anydvd,Dvdshrink,Clonedvd,and Nero. I used Dvdshrink for two to three weeks with no problems.I just don't understand what happened. Clonedvd is working great, but Dvdshrink was so easy and fast.I could just stick with Clonedvd, but I would like to have another simple way to go, if need be. This is driving me to distraction!!!!If the media is okay, maybe I have inadvertently screwed up my settings on Dvdshrink. I tried checking out the guides and looked at a few other post about problems, but I found nothing. Any ideas?

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Currently AnyDVD with CloneDVD 2 (latest versions) have been updated to do the new titles. That is together, AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. I gave you the easiest method to use Shrink. You wanta use Shrink, use it with RipIt4Me. Both those methods work and are a sure fire success. Just about everyone is getting the copies done. It's not the media, unless you somehow got a bad batch. As for your settings in Shrink, there's not a lot you can mess up. Either your Quality Settings are on or off, your burn options turn on whatever software you have or burn to the hard drive. You select it, but that doesn't effect the transcoding. Your burn is independent of the decryption and transcoding as long as the video output is compliant.

Use the software as I directed in the little guide. But change the Shrink burn option to Create DVD Files: Hard Disk Folder. That will give you your output independent of the burning software. Then use Nero Express to burn your output and save the log. If all goes well you should be able to set Shrink back to burn auto with Nero. If not we get to look at the log and see what's wrong. Plus we'll know if there is a flaw somewhere in your decryption and transcoding. You can do that or enjoy your distraction.

As for myself, I just copied about five of my movies with RI4M and have them running in a batch job with DVD-RB Pro with CCE SP. Some time in the morning I'll burn the output with Nero Express. High quality backups and no frustration. I've recently Done Saw 3 and other titles people have been complaining about. They're no problem as long as the right software is used properly and in the right combinations.

10. tracega

tracega Guest

Thanks, I'll try that. I think one of my main problems is that I don't know what the Hell I'm doing. Thanks for your advice and patience.