1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink subtitles and Angles

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by UH60, May 24, 2007.

1. UH60

UH60 Member

I'm sorry, but I'm extremely new at this. I am trying to backup some movies (Star Wars) that have subtitles for alien conversations. When I reauthor a disk, they don't show up. I don't see them as an option under the DVD browser tab. Also, what is the difference between angle 1, 2, and 3? I am trying to fit only the main movie onto a single layer disk. Thanks in advance.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If you are removing subpictures when Reauthoring, try going into Edit > Preferences > Stream Selections and checking the "Disable all subpicture except menus and forced streams" box.
    I haven't done this movie so I don't know if this will do the trick. Give it a try and see.

Scenes in a movie are often times filmed with more than one camera. This lets the DVD author give the viewer the option of looking at the same scene filmed from different cameras or "angles". The theatrical version of the movie will contain all angle 1 shots. Reauthoring eliminates menus and, afaik, only allows angle 1.

3. UH60

UH60 Member

Thanks, you saved me a lot of forehead banging on the screen!!!!

4. UH60

UH60 Member

Thanks, but I do not have "Disable" checked, and I still can't get the subtitles on

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Put a check in the box and try it. This disables all subpictures execept the forced streams.... which is what those are. It should make them appear. I'll have to try this at some point to be sure.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

i think you should check out DVD-Rebuilder, even the free version and free encoders do a far far :) better job than shrink, and even though it takes more time it is well worth it, especially for long dvds like star wars

link to DVD-RB(free)