1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink taking much longer to decrypt

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by asanghi, Dec 8, 2004.

1. asanghi

asanghi Member

Hey guys, I have been using DVDshrink for about a year, and recently I have noticed it has been taking forever to decrypt a DVD onto my HD so I can burn it to DVD-R. Usually for a no compression, short movie, it used to take about 25-30 minutes, for something like Lord of the Rings, 45-55 minutes. Now its taking over an hour and 20 minutes for LOR type movies and 55 minutes for non-compressed movies. I haven't significantly changed my memory or anything. Is the encryption getting harder to beat or what? Any help would be great, thanks.

2. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

check and see if your computer has switched for DMA mode to PIO, to do this go to your device manager and click on the plus arrow next to eide channels. click on property for both and see what mode they are in.

3. ILoveAD

ILoveAD Guest

i always just keep mine in ISO write mode

4. Stry-Ker

Stry-Ker Member

5. ILoveAD

ILoveAD Guest

Oh im sorry thought you were talking bout sumtin else. My Bad.

6. Buik

Buik Regular member

asanghi

Several questions.

1. Do you use anti-spyware programs? Heavy internet surfing can load up your computer with lots of little programs that can slow your computer down if you don't keep them cleaned out.

2. Do you regularly scan for, and remove, viruses or other malware?

3. Do you de-frag your HD often?

4. How many programs do you running in the back ground? Ones that load when you first boot up?

5. What are some of your sytem specs? OS & such?

TC