1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink to Record Now

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mpuwal, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could give me a little advice? This is what I am currently running. I am using DVD Shrink 3.2 to re-author DVD then I am using Sonic RecordNow to burn DVD. The question is, is there a way to speed up the DVD writing process? It is taking me about 45minutes to just burn the DVD using 4x writing speed. I heard from other chat rooms it takes some people 12 minutes to burn a whole DVD. Please help!! Thanks!

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That means it's actually writing at 2x. I use an older version of RecordNow (4.5) and at least with my version it doesn't tell you when it burns at a slower speed than you select except for changing the time remaining. What model of your burner are you using and do you have the latest firmware? Also do you have the most recent px engine update for RecordNow?

3. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

I have a Sony DRU-510A DVD+-RW. Can I download the latest firmware from Sony's website? And I do not have the latest px engine update for RecordNow. Where can I get this. How long does it take you to burn a DVD? Thanks for the info!!!

4. vurbal

5. mpuwal

mpuwal Member

Well I appreciate all the help! One more quick thing what do you think about Nero V6. Will that speed up DVD burn time? Just curious!!

Thanks again!!

6. vurbal

It didn't for my Sony, but like I said it's an older model that just gave people this problem sometimes. I'm not sure why yours isn't. Have you checked to make sure it's not running in PIO mode. That would slow burn times down.