1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK -- unlabeled DVD's -- CRC ERR

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by treys, Apr 25, 2005.

1. treys

treys Member

I realize that the CRC (cyclic redundancy check) error topic has been covered and re-covered... but has anyone run into a problem backing up DVD's that have no label? I use DVD Shrink and Nero, and have absolutly no problem burning, but when I "open disk" on the labeless DVD's (not burned media, but the REAL DVD), the CRC error will occur before it is finished with its initial analyzation. Thanks for the help!!

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Ok, let's see if I got this right...
    You're putting an original DVD(direct from the store/studio/rental store) in the drive and clicking open disc and getting a CRC error.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no label".....

Some movies though will toss out a CRC error in Shrink due to the copy protection scheme it employs. Ripping with Decrypter first will almost always resolve the issue.

Hopefully you'll clarify a bit more what you mean....

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

This generally indicates a problem with the original disc that your reader doesn't like, such as smudges, scratches or mastering imperfections. The latter seem to be occuring more and more. You should clean the disc, try a different reader and used DVD Decrypter to rip. Select the "ignore errors" option.

If all fails then try a different original disc.