1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink use

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dukenuke8, Aug 23, 2003.

1. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

I have the latest version of DVD Shrink...but I can't seem to get a choice of levels of compression when I'm trying to shrink the DVD size. I only see a no compression option, 2 different 48% compression options, and a still pictures option. What do I need to do? I want somewhere in between no compression and 48%.

Another question--how can I split a movie into two discs, possibly even movie on one disc, features on another disc. The programs I have right now are DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Click on the bar below the automatic compression that also says 48%. It will allow you to drag the bar along in 1% ratios, it is a much better system

3. dukenuke8

dukenuke8 Member

Thanks, that helped lots. Now I have another 2 questions...how do I split the movie into two discs if need be and I don't want to compress the file a whole lot? Last night I attempted burning a dvd using DVD Shrink and then Nero, but when I put the disc in one of my players it can't read the disc. So I'm starting over now but I'm following the guide on the chrismccann site but I noticed his guide is for 2.3 and I have 3.0 beta5 and my reauthoring key doesn't work, it just brings up a new dvd menu without the dvd info on the bottom. Any suggestions as to what Im doing wrong would help a lot._X_X_X_X_X_[small]--dukenuke8[/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No, its probably something to do with the files not be inside a VIDEO_TS folder as this is what a DVD player needs to read the disc. Burn as DVD ROM UDF/ISO in Nero.

Splitting to two discs can be done using a program called TMPGEnc DVD Author. Get it and the user guide in the user guide section of my signature.

5. missile2

missile2 Guest

Instead of clicking on full disc, click on re-author. Find the film (by size) then drag it and burn it. Then do the same again with the extras onto another disc.