1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 has no option to choose I/O decryptor program

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joebarby, Oct 14, 2004.

1. joebarby

joebarby Member

DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 in the help files version notes, it says that this version is given the option to choose whatever decryption program I want to use to burn my dvd with but the only option I see is to use Nero, I prefere to use DVD Decryptor but I can;t seem to select it as my output program. Is there some way arround Nero? I think using Nero is the fault for many of the bugs occurring in DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

So to be clear under "Select Target Device" there's no option to burn using Decrypter?

Have you tried reinstalling both Shrink and Decrypter?

3. joebarby

joebarby Member

Nephilim - - Correction to my original note, according to the -help file/help topics "DVD Shrink Version History" the file version is actually "Version 3.2.0.14 - 25 July 2004"; but the "Help/about DVD Shrink" the file version is "Version 3.2.0.15" any way, when I go to "Edit/Preferences/File I/O" there is no option to select a device to burn with, only a check-box allowing me to "Enable Burning With Nero" no other choices...

And "Yes" I tried reinstalling both decryptor and shrink several times. I even downloaded and installed several older versions od dvd shrink and could not find the unknown version I used to have on my hard drive but lost it to a system crash, and still no options for me to use my dvd decryptor as a burning device!

I WISH I hadn't lost the old version :'( it worked just great and it automatically wanted to use DVD Decryptor as a burner! I can't remember the version but I downloaded it sometime early spring 2004.

I have downloaded 5 old versions 3.1.0-.1-.2-.6 &.7.6; and none where the one I had...

I appreciate any advice...

4. biddboy

biddboy Member

Install the latest version of DVDShrink & DVDDecrypter. Open DVDShrink,insert the dvd you want to copy. Click on 'Open disk',wait for the disc to load in.Select the items you want to copy then press 'Backup'. A box will pop up, choose 'target device' then 'select backup target' then choose 'Iso image and burn with DVD Decrypter. That's it :)

5. joebarby

joebarby Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out. But in the meanwhile and just out of curiosity what do y'all think of Nero and if it's alright, what version is best?

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

biddboy got it right - it's "Select Backup Target" not "Target Device" like I previously stated. I had Shrink running while I was typing my first post and couldn't open the option to verify it so I was trying to go off (my very crappy) memory :p

Nero6 is a very good burning suite that integrates with DVD Shrink. I've been using Copy To DVD almost exclusively for the last month/100 burns and love it; very stable and reliable. It integrates with Shrink as well so you might want to check it out :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim

Forum rules! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004