1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink v3.2 - now hangs on startup with WinXP SP2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Papoulka, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Papoulka

Papoulka Member

I'd had no problems using DVD Shrink for a couple of months. But now the program won't even start properly. When it opens, the "Duration" tab blinks wildly and there is no response to any inputs. I have to use Task Manager to kill the whole thing.

I suspect that the trouble is due to my installing Service Pack 2 to WinXP, although I'm not sure of that because I didn't try it immediately afterwards. I have re-downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2 and reinstalled it, but with the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't stand to lose this great program.

Thanks -

Papoulka

2. jankro

jankro Member

I have the same exact problem after SP2 :-(

jankro

3. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

You have the latest DirectX 9.0c installed? Drivers for your graphic card updated?

4. eric545

eric545 Regular member

Papoulka & jankro Since your problems didn't show up until you installed SP-2, I highly suggest you get rid of SP-2 as soon as possible. A number of my friends and I also installed SP-2, but didn't keep it very long. That update is certainly one to by-pass!

5. S2K

S2K Regular member

I don't know if I would skip sp-2 just because of a shrink hang. you say you "deleted" shrink.

do you mean you deleted just the program folder or you deinstalled it from cpanel? did you delete the shrink files from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink ?

dvd shrink has no inherent problem with sp-2

6. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Papoulka, I had the same problem you have right after I backed up Pay Check. Mine flickered between the duration and size tabs. I just uninstalled, then reinstalled DVD Shrink. I have not had the problem since. I too have SP 2 installed.