1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Version 2.3

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by deme2780, Aug 6, 2003.

1. deme2780

deme2780 Guest

I have just one question. I followed the guide on http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm which by the way is a kick ass guide. When i use dvd shrink to first rip the first 4 episodes of sex in the city, season 1, it does it fine and makes the correct file but when i burn it, only the first two epiosdes show up. My next step was to try TMPGEnc DVD Author by getting the files that were ripped from dvd shrink and pressing the add dvd files. It works! But still, how come it didnt with dvd shrink, according to TMPGEnc DVD Author i already had a file that contained 4 episodes, yet nero only burned two episodes. I then try with 24 season 1. I split it into two espisodes per disk and it does it fine with shrink but i dont want get a bad burn so i though i would re author it as well with TMPGEnc DVD Author but it says that the episodes combined exceed the bit rate a dvd can have. Confused yet? Well basically i just wanted to see what i did wrong with shrink since everything seemed ok. I really appreciate any help you guys can give.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

We have noticed that Nero can sometimes screw up your DVD burning. Not everyone experiences this, but it does happen. I prefer to use Record Now Deluxe as a DVD copying suite, and a love Nero for CD's.

Chris

3. deme2780

deme2780 Guest

Thanks, your website is great. Nero did mess up the burn so i tried the burning software that comes with TMPGEnc and it burned it just fine. Thanks for all the help....

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No probs, i hope to build the website up a lot more over the next while, but im busy with another project at the min. Glad, you liked it though