1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink, vista and windows explorer

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by optical20, Sep 21, 2007.

1. optical20

optical20 Member

I've been using dvd shrink for a while now, but recently when i tried doing a backup, it did back up the dvd but when i try to play it on my pc, it did work but not on my DVD player.

I know I've done this before I'am just not sure If I used the windows explorer to burn the VIDEO_TS file or nero. Right now I used the windwows explorer to burn the dvd because my nero is not compatible with vista. The last time I installed it messed up my OS.

So first question, Is it possible to the dvd shrink file using windows explorer? If not, then is there any program besides nero that I can use?

BTW I'am using memorex DVD+R lightscribe for the media, I know It's bad, but I burnt 15 dvd's before using the same disc but didn't had any problems.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Forget using windows explorer.

Have shrink create an ISO image file when backing up, the use imgburn to burn the file to DVD.

Or

If you have a hard disk folder (the VIDEO_TS folder containing the video files) already on your hard drive, you can also use imgburn to build an image file and burn it ot DVD.

Imgburn (free)
    http://www.imgburn.com/

3. optical20

optical20 Member

wow thank you! It burnt right away.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

No problem, enjoy:)