1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink VOB problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by whitey57, May 2, 2007.

1. whitey57

whitey57 Guest

I have windows vista premium edition. Dvd Shrink runs great. I have only one problem. On selct dvds, after I compress them and everything it splits them into 5 VOB files. Each one is about 20-30 minutes long. One of the VOB files shows that it is 25hrs. long, even though it only play about 20 min. This is wats stopping me from burning the dvd because it says the dvd is too long. Does ayone know what might be causing this error? Id really appreciate it thanks.

2. cygnus_09

cygnus_09 Member

Whitey57:

Your problem could very well be Vista it's self. Microcrap has publicly said that Vista is a flop. I have heard nothing but problems with it. Companies such as Dell etc. that put windows on your computer for free, have stopped (or are in the process of) using Vista, and have gone back to XP. It could be the DRM (digital rights management) that comes with Vista, affecting the rip. That being said, I have personally never touched Vista yet to play around with it. My brother, who fixes friends computers, picked up a copy of Vista to learn the new system. He is now trying to get rid of his copy of Vista...with no success. Nobody wants it. My suggestion: go back to XP...it might solve all of your problems for you.

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The problem isn't Vista it's shrink, because shrink isn't supported any longer, it not able to correctly decrypt most of todays new movie releases. Shrink at times will successfully rip the video files to your hard drive, but because the files were not properly decrypted, the burning app used will display a message like "not enough room on disk or the files are too large to fit on the selected disk". To get around this, try ripping to your hard drive with DVDFab decrypter (free) instead of shrink, once DVFab is done, open the video files using shrink for the transcoding process, you can the have shrink autoburn the files to DVD disk or manually burn using your app of choice (make sure it's Vista compatible). The link for DVDFab is given below.

4. whitey57

whitey57 Guest

im sorry to but that still didnt work. i think it might be vista.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try some of the software trials from DVDIdle, InterVideo, and Slysoft to do your backups. They are supposed to have programs compatible with the Vista OS. Most of them are long trials, so you get a good chance to see if you like a program or not.

6. whitey57

whitey57 Guest

well thnx alot guyz for some of the help if anyones knows wat else could be wonr i would sure like to hear it

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Try processing the files (VOB's, IFO, and BUP files) with DVDshrink a second time to further reduce the overall size of the movie.

8. whitey57

whitey57 Guest

i tried that. i even tried it three times. i even tried using dvdfab then use shrink. nothins workin. if they keep coming up with vista updates will it eventually work??

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Try processing the files (VOB's, IFO, and BUP files) thru vobblanker, found here:

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/VobBlanker/VobBlanker_2130_exe.zip

Browse to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file and choose it, then supply an output loaction, last click PROCESS. Vobblanker will produce a new set of video files and put then where you specified, just use DVDshrink to open the files with and use it to create the backup.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The problem is there are no DVD Shrink updates. You said on "select" DVDs. Does that mean that some work and some don't? As I mentioned before, try the DVDFab Platinum trial from DVDIdle. The program is one of the last 1-click programs. It does the decryption, transcoding, and burn. Plus, it's supposed to be Vista compatible. It would be interesting to see if DVDFab Platinum will do the job or not. That will tell you if it's Vista compatibility or not.