1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink vs. TMPGEnc DVD Author

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rack04, Feb 5, 2004.

1. rack04

rack04 Member

Can someone explain the quality difference between these two programs when making a DVD compilation. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Not Compare these 2 Programs Because they are For doing 2 totally Seperate things...DVD-Shrink is For makeing Backups of DVD"s But Tmpgenc DVD author is For authoring Mpeg2 files to DVD...

3. rack04

rack04 Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  4. Minion

Minion Senior member

No Im not saying that..What I"m saying is that DVD author is a DVD authoring program and DVD shrink isn"t...DVD Shrink ONLY does Backups were Tmpgenc DVD author can Be used to Put any DVD compliant mpeg2 or Vob file on a DVD....If you have used them Both Why are you asking this Question????

5. rack04

rack04 Member

I am just trying to figure out the difference in the quality produced. I have read somewhere the TMPGEnc is a different way of encoding that has better quality, but I am not for sure.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Tmpgenc DVD author does Not encode...It is an Authoring program for Putting files on DVD and does absolutly No Video encodeing..There is a Tmpgenc that is an encoder But it is a totally seperate Program and yes it"s Compression Quality is Superior to DVD-Shrink but it is a Totally different type of Program and used in a totally different way than DVD-Shrink....