1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink (W/Nero or DVD Decrypter) hang at Write In...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mattm911, Oct 1, 2004.

1. mattm911

mattm911 Guest

Hello all..Newbie here. I searched for this type of topic and found non so here goes..Hoping you can help.

I am trying to copy a DVD (Dead Hate the Living) + a few others utilizing DVD Shrink (and Nero) But the problem has been lately, that after it encodes whether from the ISO file on the hard drive or the DVD iself, the DVD has been hanging at the WRITE LEAD IN portion of the BURN.

I have a new IOMEGA external (usb) SUPER DVD WRITER 8X. (8x dvd+r, 4x dvd-r, 3xdvd ram 4x dvd+rw, 2x dvd-rw) I am trying to write to some SONY DVD-R (120 MIN, 4.7 gb 4X) DISCS. I thought at first it was the drive. I troubleshot with Iomega, and they sent me a NEW drive.. Well...New Drive Same issues...

I have successfully burned to these Discs before as well as some Sony DVD+R discs. I just dont know what could be causing the DVD to hang at the Write In.

Any ideas will be much appreciated, and I have more info if you need it.

Thanks

Matt

2. geoff63

geoff63 Guest

Matt
    I to am a newbie but seem to be having the same problem. Both using DVD Shrink and Nero and any other burning program including DVD Decryptor. This is a new problem as I have been Backing up dvds for some months now and this has suddenly happened. My dvd is a LG so it seems as though the make doesn't make any difference. I wonder if it may have something to do with either DVD Shrink or XP. Lets hope someone knows an answer.

Geoff

3. clu2600b

clu2600b Member

Hey guys, I'm a newbie as well and came across this same problem. It first happened when NERO got to the burn point after re-encoding some AVI files. Then for the heck of it I tried decrypter w/ an ISO and it still hung up at the WRITE IN of the burn. I could hear the disc cycling over and over and thought I killed my drive.
    With a dash of pure luck all I had to do was uninstall/reinstall the programs. I think that NERO was the culprit, but I removed Decrypter and Shrink as well. The first burn after the re-installation worked perfectly (too bad I wasted a disc just for the test :( ). Good luck guys.

4. clu2600b

clu2600b Member

UPDATE ON LAST POST - Along with reinstallation of software, from influence of DVD burners that have been doing this for a while, If your drive is higher than 4X, still burn at 4X. I have an 8X burner, and just got 8X media and it stalled at WRITE IN, and errors out when I burn at fullspeed. This is from experience, so don't waste a disc :)

5. ah64

ah64 Member

I am also a newbie and I would like to know how can I link dvd shrink 3.2 with nero ?

I have nero express 3. ??
    Work only with nero 6.0 or other nero (not nero express). Need special step to do that ?

Thx

6. ScottNath

ScottNath Member

Hi everyone..
    I'm new to this Forums not too sure how it work but if anyone could help me It would be very nice.
    I try to burn a DVD from DVD Shrink 3.1 and Nero.
    I did once but oupps never took note just happend like that when I was playing around in it.. but now I want to take some notes and burn more DVD and got not clue what I did... because nothing seem to work...
    Anyone has a suggestion to this request.
    Nathalie and Scott

Thank you in advance.. talk to you soon

7. clu2600b

clu2600b Member

I would recommend burning with DVD Decrypter, it's much more straight forward. The only thing I've used NERO for recently is encoding AVIs to DVD. DVD Decrypter is free, and very easy to use. Give it a try :)