1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink will not use Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dkjen, Mar 15, 2005.

1. dkjen

dkjen Member

I have just recently started trying to use DVD shrink. I did not have Nero on my computer when I first downloaded Shrink. After opening shrink and looking some of the forums it appeared as if it would be pointless to have DVD shrink without nero. So I found a copy of Nero Burning Rom 5 that I had never loaded on my machine. I have now loaded it on but DVD shrink doesn't seem to recognize it. It gives me the option in preferences of burning with nero but it only gives me the option of putting it on my hard drive or making an iso file. It never gives me the option of burning a DVD. It doesn't seem like Nero is recognizeing that I have a DVD burner either. Any ideas on what I can do?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

click on edit/preferences/file I/O/enable burning with nero.Then when you click on backup,where is says,select backup target,hit the drop down box. and choose your burner under the burn with nero.
    If that doesnt work it might, be because your nero is outdated.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. dkjen

dkjen Member

I have enabled burning with nero under preferences. It does not at that point give me the option of choosing my burner. I have nero burning rom 5 and nero express. Maybe it is a nero problem but nero 5 should be able to burn a DVD.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Sure it can, but it just might not be able to do it automatically with shrink.Use this guide to burn with nero
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

If those options that I stated above arent available, then that must be the case.
    You could try uninstalling both nero, and dvd shrink and giving that a try.

5. dkjen

dkjen Member

It appears that it was a nero problem. I went to the nero site and ran the update for nero and it corrected whatever problem there was. I had tried doing that earlier without success but I gues timing is everything. Thanks for the help.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

well at least you got it all sorted out now.
    your welcome.