1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink with Jarhead

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gallydif, Jun 21, 2007.

1. gallydif

gallydif Member

While trying to shrink Jarhead once i press 'backup!' it reads 'target size exceeded. The current DVD size is too big! If you continue, you may not be able to burn the resulting files'
    The first time I continued but then it was too big to burn onto a DVD-R. What shout i do, i like burning exact copies without deleting anything. Is that not possible with this movie? To burn the files i use DVDdecrypter. Please let me know. thanx. By the way im located in Florida.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is your overall compresion in %?

you could just back it up to your hard drive (save as files) and then open it up in Shrink again from your hard drive to shrink it down a second time, but the quality is probably not going to be the greatest.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah, as per bbmayo (hi there bbmayo) the quality would be atrocious. You don't want to but 'movie only' would be the only way to do this via programs such as DVD Shrink. (there's splitting across 2 dvd's i s'pose - http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-108338.html)
    What you could do is investigate DVD Rebuilder, we have a forum dedicated to that here also, and there's free and paid aspects to that (awesome and outstanding) program..

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Howdy creaky ;-)

5. ellegon18

ellegon18 Member

shrink the file first, then instead of burning file, open the same file and shrink again, that will take care of it.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There is an echo in here :)

7. ellegon18

ellegon18 Member

sorry mayo, didn't catch the second part of your message, seen the part about compression, anyways doing what mayo sd will work.