1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink with long movies, help please

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dtdunk, Oct 22, 2004.

1. dtdunk

dtdunk Member

Whenever I burn movies that are 2 hours or more, the end of the movie skips and becomes unwatchable. The dvd's im burning the movies onto are only 120 min discs. How can I watch the end of my two hour+ movies? Do I have to burn the movie onto two disks? Thanks to anyone who can provide help
    -drew

2. colw

colw Active member

Skipping and freezing are normally indicative of poor quality media or the use of labels on your burnt DVD's.

What brand of media are you using for burning?
    Are you using labels on your burnt DVD?

An additional cause can be trying to burn too fast - maximum burn speed of 4X recommended.

There are no problems in burning longer movies using Shrink using appropriate compressions.

3. dtdunk

dtdunk Member

Im using Nero for burning and am not using any labels. I tried adjusting the burn speed to 4x, but the problem still exists. At the end of the movie, it starts skiping and becomes unwatchable.

The dvds im using are 4.7 GB with 120 min of video and 2.4x speed. Any other suggestions?

4. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

You don't mention what BRAND of media you use. I use Maxell dvd-r 2x-4x yellow tops and they work great. Also adjust your custom size in Shrink to less than 4.3gb to keep it from burning all the way to the edge of the disk. Alot of disks are crap for making video. Go to digitalFAQ.com and check out video guides.

5. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

They now have a dieect link to the site that I mentioned for finding the best media. www.nomorecoasters.com

6. dp70

dp70 Member

I had to troubleshoot a machine that did the same thing with Shrink and Nero6+ ( decrypter on machine too). The software would read, then burn...but, the end titles would sometimes disappear and other times the machine would lock-up when trying to wiite an end of file character,(usually ctrl+z). The lock-up was reading only not write.

A few new explitaves deleted hours later, I was able to trap a Video driver / hard disk IRQ conflict...sometimes windows would arbitrate it, sometimes not.

DP70 / john