1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink with Nero Burn-Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Putman, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Putman

Putman Member

I made a backup last night using a Ridata DVD+R and it worked fine. Today went to do another with the same type of disc and with DVD Shrink it encodes to 100% and as it starts to burn with Nero I get this message "there is not enough space to burn this compilation to disc, please enter another disc to continue", and yet the dvd is blank. Any help would be cool.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Putnam,
    Welcome to the forum,
    Try this:
    Go to Edit and click Preferences. Now you will see a Blue Box that says -" DVD-5(4.7 g.b.). Now Change that to Custom and to the right of that change the # to 4300. This will not now let you burn to the outer rim and thusly the movie should burn using Nero.
    Are you doing Whole Disk or just the Movie? If it is still giving you problems and you are doing Whole Disk then only do the movie

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey putman,I had that same error on a new verbatim +4x the other day. brand new disc,not enough space available. Since I already burned this a few days ago I went to file and opened up folder when the message occurred.I normally don't do it this was so I thought I messed it up. I put a new disc in and it was ok. I tried that disc on another backup after that one that I just ripped and encoded. Coaster. The first one in a long time.It was just a bad disc. This could be your problem also. Try another from bottom of spindle if that is what you have.My verbatim +4x disc was coded ricohjpn01.Later

4. Putman

Putman Member

Car.Mike,

I used your suggestion and changed the Custom size and it did burn but I realized I just ended up burning the files that were encoded by dvd shrink and not straight dvd shrink to nero.

Saugmon,
    I went back and tried it the normal way again and got the same error again with a new disc, the 6 disc I had left and a tried a Verbatim and that too failed. So there must be something wrong with the original DVD then I guess, cause I tried a new dvd backup with a disc that didn't work and it worked.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004