1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink wont analyse "resident evil"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by flabob, Dec 28, 2004.

1. flabob

flabob Regular member

i tried 3 brand new disck from block buster. of resident evil 2...and dvd shrink freezes at the beggining of analysing..

all other movies i can analyse...any one else having this problem

bob

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

There's at least 7 threads on that by now. Dvd shrink and dvd decrypter are having trouble ripping the encryption.

Download this free trial: http://dvdtodivx.net/

It has a simple guide that will let you rip to your harddrive,then you can use dvd shrink.

I did that and had nero burn it for me after shrink got done. Very easy,if you can get on that download site.

3. flabob

flabob Regular member

cool..thx saugmon

i just tried dvd decrypter for the first time...it encrypted the video files of resident evil...but was takeing forever to configure the files...i let it run for 5 minuets and it only was at 1 %..so i aborted..lol...ill try your link now..thx again

bob

4. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

i haven't tried this on resident evil 2 yet but i've had good luck with DVDIdle on some other stuff! nice little program, loads before your burning and ripping software and saves a little wear on your drives. you can get it at http://www.dvdidle.com/ try it out and let us know!!
    hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
  5. donpiere

donpiere Member

Tried DVD Idle trial version and it works.
    Thanks tony 7914

6. flabob

flabob Regular member

WELL Tony..i tried your idle, and could not get it to decrypt...it kept telling me it was copy righted....bummer...thx anyway, but knowing me, i probably didnt do something right..thx again...

but Saugmon...i tried your link...and it worked llike a charm...took 20 minuets to encode (5 minuets more than dvd shrink),but it worked great..

it looked like "resident evil 2" s vob and info files were a lot differantly set up than your other movies...maybe that is why dvdshrink couldnt analyse it...but thx again guys...

bob

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey flabob, This is the only movie that dvd shrink would not work for me. A lot of people having trouble with,bourne supremecy,shaun of the dead, and some others I can't remember. Shrink,main movie only and nero worked and every one of them.

This one would not let me analyze it at all. Usually get a crc error on junky dvds and store duds and the replacement always worked.

I think they found the problem with the "tainted files" in dvd decrypter and got a fix for it in the long resident evil thread. Decryptor and me don't get along,lol

8. flabob

flabob Regular member

I think you nailed it on the head there saugmon..lol..this is the only movie that dvd shrink couldnt do for me either...i never had a problem with any movie....glad you told me about that link...

i even tried going to "my computer"...then to "Disk d"..(while movie is in tray)...then i right click on disk d...and open the files from there..then copy and paste to my video_ts folder...that always worked for me in a pinch....but not with resident evil...when i tried to paste the vob files in my ts folder...it told me 1 of the files could not be read...hmmm..weird...thx again you save me a lot of gray hairs :O))

bob

9. TurboB18C

TurboB18C Member

Ya, I've been trying to backup my copy of RE2 for the last week now, and no workey. I've tried using shrink at first, then using decrypter on all the agressive settings that BBmayo and ScubaPete have recommended and no luck. I'm currently stumped as I have tried several brand new copies straight out of the box w/ no success.

I think its the encryption.

*Update* Use VobBlanker first, then shrink. Worked for RE2 and Shaun of the Dead. That should solve the problem.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  10. surbahns

surbahns Member

Okay this is what worked for me.

Step 1. Searched google on DVD SHRINK RESIDENT EVIL and was brought to this page. :)
    Step 2. Read what everyone else tried.
    Step 3. Installed DVDIdle, and added DVD Shrink as one of the applications it support(did this in the configuration after installing)
    Step 4 Reboot.
    Step 5. When the DVD Shrink is Analzing, tell it NOT to preview it while it does it. (Don't ask, I don't know. It just wouldn't get by it if I watched it work).
    Step 6 I like to reauthor my movies so I just went in and grabbed the move itself without the extras.
    Step 7. Ripped and there we go. :) 1 working copy of Resident Evil ready for Divx Conversion.

Hope this helps, and thanks for the people have already recommended solutions.

11. flabob

flabob Regular member

thx for another idea sur :O)

it's good to have a few options

bob

12. POLIZEI

POLIZEI Member

Hi, I'm from Germany, and I noticed that a few people are having problems with Resident Evil, and DVD Shrink, so I registerd to give you nice Americans some help.
    It's guite easy, just re-author to get just the movie, them use the stop/start option, and advance it till the movie starts, then back it up as usual, no other software needed. Besides, who realy wants to whatch the adds anyway? Enjoy :)

13. tomkreut

tomkreut Member

You can load a file in DVD decrypter that will skip over the bad sectors follow these simple steps

Copy and paste this into a .txt file as follows
    PSL
    184370-184400
    184401-184431
    184432-184462
    184463-184493
    184494-184524
    184525-184555
    184556-184586
    184587-200706
    200707-200737
    1953828-2084899
    2259324-2259354
    2259355-2259385
    2259386-2259416
    2259417-2259447
    2259448-2275660
    2275661-2275691
    4038680-4038749
    4038750-4169821
    4169840-4169909

Next load the resident evil 2 disk into your DVD drive
    Open DVD Decrypter go to file then protected sectors list, then import. Import the file you saved and rip the DVD. Enjoy

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello polizie, How can you get dvd shrink to reauthor when you can't get through the initial analyzation,the 2 min jobbie? region 1 is what I have

15. POLIZEI

POLIZEI Member

[bold] Hello polizie, How can you get DVD Shrink to reauthor when you can't get through the initial analyzation,the 2 min jobbie? region 1 is what I have[/bold]

I have it set to region free.

16. tomkreut

tomkreut Member

The problem is unreadable sectors. You are trying to analyze the disk and its not possible because the sector can not read. A new little copy protection causing issues. I would recomend doing the process I previously stated and also you may try using DVD2one to compress I could not get dvd shrink to work for the first time ever on this DVD

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I already have my full copy backup of re2, I was just wandering how it is possible to reauthor when you can't go through the initial analyzing,not the backup analysis after the movie is opened up and reauthored using dvd shrink.

18. POLIZEI

POLIZEI Member

Humm? I was able to analyze it with DVD Shrink.

19. tomkreut

tomkreut Member

Sorry, I had all kinds of crazy issues with poor old DVD Shrink. So I had to find another way around it.

20. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

was it region 1 polizei? usa,canada

I don't know how the other regions are encrypted.