1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink won't burn after computer reformat

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bluheron, Apr 11, 2007.

1. bluheron

bluheron Member

When backing up DVD's, I used to burn through DVD Shrink too, because it saved a step (I could start it, walk away, come back and it would be completely done). But now, it just makes the folder on the hard drive and stops. The "Burn Settings" tab is all greyed out. I'm having trouble with Nero, too, because I have discs for two versions - Nero 6.6.0.13 is a full copy, but I think I need Nero 7 for this, and my copy of Nero 7 is just the Essentials version. I'm not sure if the Nero problem is responsible for the DVD Shrink problem, or if the DVD Shrink problem would be resolved by changing settings in DVD Shrink? Please help!

2. bluheron

bluheron Member

Oh, and the reason this all started was because my computer crashed - luckily I had everything backed up and just reinstalled programs / reloaded my files, but everything is back to default settings, so not sure if that is the problem or if it's Nero related or something else...

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Go into Shrink's preferences and click on the File I/O tab and make sure there's a check in Enable Burning With Nero.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Check to make sure that the Nero burn option is selected under Target Device in the Backup window.

[​IMG]