1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink won't recognize VIDEO_TS directory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by J-ho, Dec 3, 2004.

1. J-ho

J-ho Member

Please Help. I am very new to the DVD +R world and am trying to back up some 2-layer DVD's. I have downloaded DVDdecrypter and it works wonderfully. I backed up a couple of my DVD's and then ran into the 2 layer problem. A friend suggested DVD Shrink (but he has never used it). I got that and loaded it on my computer. I used the ISO format on DVD decrypter to rip the DVD's and stored the resulting (large) files in a folder entitled "VIDEO_TS" on my harddrive, as suggested. However, when I open DVD shrink and try to open files to shrink them, it won't recognize anything in the folder. I get the error message that it was unable to open the VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

I was looking online for help on how to do all of this when I came across the clue to call the file containing my movies VIDEO_TS (formerly, I just called it "Movies" like a newbie would). When I first changed the folder name, I got DVD shrink to recognize things and opened my first file (2004 Dawn of the Dead - an awesome zombie movie). Then I was closing a bunch of the windows that I had opened while searching and inadvertently closed DVD shrink (like I said, I am a newbie). Now when I open it, it won't recognize anything in that folder. If I put a DVD in the drive, it will recognize that, but I have a movie on the hard drive that I was backing up for a friend, and don't have the disc anymore.

Has anyone run into this problem? If so, please inform me as to how to fix it. Thanks in advance!

J-Ho

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You don't put ISO Image Files in a Video_TS folder.
    VIDEO_TS folders contain .IFO .BUP .VOB files.

I guess it doesn't really matter what you name the folder that you put your ISO file in aslong as you can find it. The question is how to open a ISO Image File with DVD Shrink.

File > Open Disc Image...
    Or.
    Ctrl + I

3. J-ho

J-ho Member

Thanks Veblin,

I got dvdshrink to recognize the image file, analyzed it and backed it up. Now how do I burn this onto the DVD+R. I open DVD decrypter and try to write with the ISO format, but everything is backed up in .IFO, .VOB etc. Can I back it up (and compress) as an .ISO file? If not, how do I get these files on a DVD with decrypter?

Thanks again

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

DVD Shrink and automatically burn with DVD Decrypter.
    Backup > Target Device tab > Select backup target: > ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter

DVD Shrink and manually burn with DVD Decrypter.
    Backup > Target Device tab > Select backup target: > ISO Image File

5. J-ho

J-ho Member

thanks again, Veblin. That got it.