1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink won't recognize vobs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xdragoon, Apr 3, 2005.

1. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

I have used shirnk many times to reauthor my videos, and it proved to the most simple and fast way to do so. I recently got a few episodes of a tv series and I started using the dvd-decryptor, shrink, nero 6 to burn the dvd. I decrypt it, and the VOBs are all there and i used Shrink (reauthor) then nero. It was flawless for the first 3 discs. But then, I found that when I tried to reauthor my 4th, shrink wouldn't show the VOBs. I check my HD and found that they are there and i can view them. Shrink is able to detch the VOBs on the original disc but not on my HD. Anyone got a solution?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you got a log to post, and what movie was it ?

3. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

It's not a burning problem so there is no log. The files I'm trying to reauthor are TV shows vobs from a dvd I got off my friend. When i reauthor the to add the Vob files, shrink simply does not see them.

4. creaky

oh sorry i skim-read your post. doh; Still need more to go on tho. There are numerous tools you could try, ie vob blanker etc, ifoedit, but it's hard to recommend something specific without a little more info..

5. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

I will try to use your suggested programs to solve the problem. Here is a little more information on the method i use and the problem.

I used the latest shrink and DDecryptor. I used the File format and just decrypted the VOB and IFO files. The Vob files (5 on each dics), are on the HD and can be watched by a media player. When I reauthor with shrink(dvd browser,) and try to find, they are not shown (no title 1 or either or them). BUT, when I insert the original, they are detected and shown. What other info do you need?

6. creaky

i'm no decrypter expert, but i sometimes come a cropper when i selectively process files. have you tried using decrypto to grab all files to hard drive, then try shrink from there ??

7. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

Yes. Thats the problem, when I use dvd decryptor to put the files on to my hard drive, shrink does not show the files when I use the dvd browser.

8. creaky

ok, try selecting ALL files with decryptor. maybe that'll do it...

9. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

xdragoon:
    When Shrink does not find the files ripped with DVD Decryptor, the reason can be that "open files" or "open disk" was chosen. After opening DVD Shrink, try clicking "Reauthor" first, before anything else. A "browse" window opens on the right half of the Shrink screen. Navigate to wherever DVD Decryptor put the ripped files and see if Shrink will now find them. Pick your files and they will be seen on the left half of the Shrink screen. When done, click "backup" and choose your burn option.

10. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

Hi, I followed creaky's suggestion and decrypted the whole dvd without any selection. I can now see the files with dvd shrink and reauthor it. I have one more problem though, the individual vobs are only one file as Title 1 instead of Title 1, Title 2. I can separate Title 1 into more segments so I can edit the fillers inbetween them?

11. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

When ripping in File Mode with Decryptor, you just get the Title 1 choice in DVD Shrink. VOB Blanker, however, can open these files allowing some portions to be "blanked", before you use Shrink. another consideration would be to try DVD Decryptor ripping in the IFO mode as this method may allow you to omit certain parts of the main title (but you would have to know which chapters or cells to omit).

12. xdragoon

xdragoon Member

Thanks, I will test out these methods.