1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - won't shrink DVD enough

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by vento99, Mar 29, 2004.

1. vento99

vento99 Member

I've got a DVD which I have decrypted using DVD Decrypter - it's bigger than 4.5GB and needs compacting with DVD Shrink. (It's around 8GB)

However, DVD Shrink won't shrink the files to be small enough to fit on a single blank DVD-R, without losing the DTS audio track, which I want to keep. It doesn't seem to want to compress the video below around 49%, which is necessary to get it all on one blank DVD - any suggestions? Even if I select "Manual" the percentage won't go low enough.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You are trying to keep everything thats on the original. Not a great idea.

I recommend removing unneeded extras, menus subpictures and audio, then use Shrink's deep analysis feature to help with the quality.

If you really want to compress the whole thing, just Shrink it twice. Decrypter> Shrink (open files)> Shrink (open files)

Good luck,
    Frank

3. Kev0192

Kev0192 Guest

Sounds like you have a dual layer DVD by the size you indicated. The only thing about shrinking it down to fit it on a single DVD-R is that you have to make some choices. If the movie is exceptionally long, then you may have to remove the DTS track. DTS audio tracks are MUCH larger then DD. (you can see this in the DVD Shrink compression menu). Also remove any menus are extras that aren't needed. I've backed up many dual layer movies without any problems, you just have to decide what to keep and not to keep depending on what's possible.