1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink won't shrink enough

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jj77669, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jj77669

jj77669 Member

The problem is that dvd shrink won't shrink the dvd to fit on a DVD5. I've used dvd shrink about a couple dozen times, and I've never come across this problem before. I've shrunk a 8.0 gig dvd to fit on a DVD5 before so I don't see what the problem is. The dvd I'm trying to shrink is only 6.0 gigs but it only shrinks it to 4.9 gigs, which is still too big. I'd appreciate any help that's offered.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Shrink it to the 4.9 GB onto your Hard Drive as an ISO. Then Open the ISO in Shrink and Shrink it again to your desired size..

3. jj77669

jj77669 Member

thanks a lot, I'll let you know if it works.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

I'm wondering if DVD Shrink may have gone on the fritz. This is the first time I've heard of the app failing on a relatively small compression task. I've had Shrink act up on occasion and deleting it and doing a clean install sometimes helps. That's just when it's acting up for no apparent reason. What was the title of the DVD that transcoded too large? Also, were you using deep analysis and the quality settings? Hopefully you're using the latest version of DVD Shrink. http://www.dvdshrink.org

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi jj77669,

If you have difficulties with getting your DVD down to size just run it through DVD Shrink twice. No question, use the quality Settings and deep analysis on the first run-through - Max sharpness for the second settings. Your backup will look surprisingly good not to fear.

Cheers

Pete