1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink wont shrink to 4400

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pakz5, Mar 30, 2007.

1. pakz5

pakz5 Member

Could someone please help me. I have not had that many problems with DVD Shrink but I put a disc in today and it wont shrink it to 4400, I tried DVD Fab but when I opened the file it with DVD Shrink it still wont shrink it.
    It only would only shrink it to like 75%. I tried shrinking it several times but every time I shrink, the percentage increases to where it hardly shrinks it. It doesnt even let me adjust the custom ratio setting. What am I doing wrong? please help. Thanks a bunch.

2. onya

onya Guest

Did you select "custom" in shrink?

[​IMG]

3. pakz5

pakz5 Member

yes, I have set to 4400MB

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

So if it won't shrink it to 4400, what will it Shrink it to? Can you get it to shrink to the default DVD-5 setting of 4464?
    What movie is this? Is it TV episodes?
    I'm just thinking that you have something a bit different than a DVD movie or maybe something with a bunch of titlesets or ?? I can't get my Shrink to do this.

5. pakz5

pakz5 Member

Its a tv series, the simpsons s5d1 but all the discs before that I was able to shrink no problem. I put the dvd in, then analysed it. Then I see
    [​IMG]

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Do you uncheck all the audio and subs you dont need?

Also making the Extras a still image would help?

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Getting over 4 hours of video on a single layer DVD is going to be a problem. Especially animation, which does not compress as well as regular movies. I'd like to see a comparison screen shot with the other discs you did.
    I don't think this is a Shrink problem. Just a huge movie.

Options...
    1. Split the disc into two DVD-5s. Doing this with Shrink alone you will loose the menus. There are more complex methods that do allow you to split with Shrink and keep the menus. I don't use them.

2. Use a program that can split and preserve the menu on both. CloneDVD (free trial) or DVD Fab Platinum (free trial) can do this.

3. Use a double layer DVD-9 Verbatim blank DL disc and burn with ImgBurn (free). That's how I would do this.

Like I mentioned though, compare this particular disc to the others you did, looking at the original's size. Something must be different.

Splitting or burning to a DL disc will work and your quality will be much better.

Hi 300,
    Man this thing is huge! I've seen this "non compressable" problem back when folks were burning a lot of amine stuff. I think that removing everything but the main movie might get it to fit, as you mentioned, but it's going to be close. I would think that animation would compress better but for some reason it doesn't. I guess I'm going to have to get this and see what the deal is. I can get Shrink as low as 49% or so. I don't usually get into maximum compression situations though. I wonder if Recode or CloneDVD would handle it better, compression wise.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  8. 2colors

2colors Guest

Dvd Rebuilder?

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Hello Frank,

Yeah, the screen shot is wierd, even if all the unchecked audio and subs are off they dont even total a 1GB, so thats not even close to get 6.6GBs to 4.4GBs,
    Why did you say over 4 hours when shrink only shows 2 hrs for movie+24mins +17Mins? unless shrink is not showing the correct time?

if shrink is showing the correct times then shrink should be able to handle no problem, right?

also i remember some time ago when i did get a red bar but not that much and when you unchecked the audio and subs it would go away

When backing up the simpsons or any episode disk i use to split the episodes with VobBlanker, but nowadays i use dvd-RB.

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Why did I say over 4 hours?

[​IMG]
    I'm usually a pretty good adder but I was out to lunch on this.

Sorry about using your sig but it was apt!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  11. pakz5

pakz5 Member

Well if I remove the audio that I dont need and replace the extras with still images I get this

[​IMG]

however if I use re-author I can fit it ok
    [​IMG]

i think Ill just burn the main episodes