1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink wont work on Open Season

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bsbrooks, Feb 22, 2007.

1. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

I tried to open Open Season with DVD shrink I got an error and had to close.Normally I use DVD Shrink with Nero,and Any DVD running in the back ground.I just downloaded the latest update.Never had a problem that anupdate wouldnt fix. Any help would be appreciated.

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Try ripping the movie with AnyDVD. You may also try ripping the movie with DVD Decrypter while AnyDVD is running.

I would use VobBlanker to get rid of a lot of unwanted material before I used Shrink. If all else fails go to http://ripit4me.org and download the RipIt4Me program. You will have to have DVD Decrypter installed and DVD Shrink installed. Make sure that you use the RipIt4Me Installer on the page. It will automatically put FixVTS into the RipIt4Me folder.

After RI4M is installed just use the "One Click" method and it will open all of the programs for you. Unless you choose to use VobBlanker then when Shrink opens you can Shrink the file. If you want to use VobBlanker than just let Shrink analyse the file. When RI4M is done you may open the file with VobBlanker or DVD ReMake Pro (If you purchased the program!)

3. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

This my sound a little dumb but....If Im able to rip it with AnyDvd will I then open the files with dvd shrink? Also can I update my DVD shrink? Does DVD Shrink rip them? I guess I dont quite understand the whole process. I know AnyDVD is an encrypter,nero a burner,What does ripping do? Convert to ISO files? Any info I would truly appreciate.

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Yes, if the file is ripped first then Shrink should not have a problem opening it.

No. DVD Shrink is a great program. Unfortunately it is not updated nor has it been updated in quite a while. DVD Shrink needs help to support the newer movies.

No. DVD Shrink does not but AnyDVD can. There are two ways to do it. The first way is to go to Start-> All Programs-> Slysoft-> AnyDVD-> AnyDVD Ripper.

The second and easier way is to right click the little fox head and select "Rip Video DVD To Harddisk

Basically you had it correct. With all of the encryptions on your Vob files and IFO files you have to use an encryption program to correct the errors. Most of the time when people buy AnyDVD they also buy CloneDVD2. In combination they work quite well together. However, I do not use CloneDVD2. Generally when I have a new DVD to decrypt I use AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter is another very good decryption program that you can use to decrypt and to write files with. Unfortunately DVD Decrypter is not updated any longer either. That is why you have to use it in conjunction with AnyDVD.

If you have the latest version of AnyDVD you should not have a problem with the movie. However, when I did the movie AnyDVD, AnyDVD with DVDD, and DVDFab Decrypter would not work. I had to use RipIt4Me to get a good decryption of the software on my HDD.

If you have any future problems it is good to have all of the above programs.

Here is a site to get DVD Decrypter. http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ Do not get DVD43 at this site. It is not a good program because it is not updated often, and AnyDVD handles everything that DVD43 use to handle.

To get DVDFab Decrypter go here: http://dvdidle.com/free.htm When you start DVDFab if it says that there is an update available do not tell the program to take you to the website. It will take you to the website to purchase it. Instead go back to the website I listed above to get a copy of it.

RipIt4Me uses a combination of DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, And FixVTS. Go to this website to get it: http://ripit4me.org On this website go ahead and use the RipIt4Me Installer. You will see it highlighted in Red. It should put the little program FixVTS inside the RipIt4Me folder.

Go to My Computer and double click the C: drive. Find the folder called Program Files and double click that. Find the folder RipIt4Me and double click that. That is where you should see a .exe file called FixVTS.

Now RipIt4Me is updated regularly. Just because you update the RI4M file you do not update the FixVTS file unless you use the RipIt4Me Installer. That is okay. You can go to: http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/ to get the latest copy of it. Make sure to download it in the same place. C:\Program Files\RipIt4Me It will ask if you want to replace the file and of course you say, "yes"! If you have a very high tech computer it might hear you!!

I would go ahead and get all of these programs on your computer because you will be using them often. Another program that I am very fond of is VobBlanker. If you have any questions about that program feel free to ask. One of my buddies on this forum even wrote a beginners tutorial on the use of the program. Personally, I do not use it any longer because I have gone a little more high tech. I bought DVD ReMake Pro.

The great thing about this program is that you can do more with it than you can with VobBlanker. You can even create, customize, join, and re-write code if you are inclined to do so. I really like it for the still menu feature. You see if I do a movie like "The Guardian". I don't want certain features on my backup. I remove "Directors Commentary", Preview, FBI, etc... Well with this program I can also export the menu and change them to not say those items. I also have the ability to hide menu's that I do not want displayed. It is really a fantastic program and if you are interested I will be happy to tell you where you can find it.

Let me know and Happy Burning!

Edit: To fix error!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  5. bsbrooks

bsbrooks Member

Thank you so much!! Alot of info. Guys like you make my life alot easier. I will keep you posted and pester you with more questions. Thanks again.

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

You can always PM me if you have a question about anything. I have over 800 backups of DVD's! I pretty much know most of it. I'll be glad to help with anything I can help on. I can even supply pictures for you if you need a more detailed explanation. Just let me know.

Glad to help!

Edit: To add the last line!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. ngoti8tor

ngoti8tor Member

I used RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and it backed it up without a problem.
    If you have DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink loaded on your computer, all you have to do is run RipIt4Me, then it automatically runs the other 2 programs for you.
    Near the end, when DVD Shrink is running, you just choose what you want to copy and the compression.
    This was the first time I've used RipIt4Me or DVD Decrypter, and it went smooth for me.

8. pancho760

pancho760 Member

ok,ok ive been burning movies for years and never had problems, but unfortunately certain movies now cause my comp to crash when using dvdshrink. ive used ripit4me, dvddecrypter, dvdfab just to rip but when i use shrink, half way it causes a crash. please help if you can

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bsbrooks

AnyDVD has not been working lately with Shrink for newer movies. Syxguns is giving you good options. Try them all. It's good to have all the tools.

10. syxguns

syxguns Active member

pancho760-
    RI4M uses Shrink at the end of the process. Most of the time I just use Shrink to analyze the disk, but you may also use it to Shrink the disk. If you have the latest version of RI4M with the latest version of FixVTS then you shouldn't be having a problem. Make sure that your programs are up to date.

If your programs are up to date then the only thing that could be causing the problem is a bad press or a scratched DVD.

11. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

SHRINKDVD was king of back up dvd movie (it's freeware),but not now due to new copy protection and shrinkdvd did not have any update for 2 years,that's why it's not working with some latest dvd release now (some of them not all),,,i just find out another way to back up all of movie with new copy protection,,i use clonedvd4 version 4.0.11.458 and nerorecode2 (latest version),,,it's took me around 40 minutes to complete the job instead of 20 minutes like before..firstable i use clonedvd4 to create ISO file then mount that image to virtual drive then use nero recode2 to compress it to dvd5..it's was perfect quality........cheersssssssss

12. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

with clonedvd4 if you could not download from it's home page ,you can try bitcomet to download it,,it's abour 10 mb only..

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pancho760

If you got the ripit4me way you don't have to worry about FixVTS, it's now integrated with ripit4me and much easier to set up and download.

14. ngoti8tor

ngoti8tor Member

I agree with garmoon.

If I can easily use RipIt4Me, almost anyone can!

15. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I also agree with garmoon. RI4M is easier to set up now, and it works fantastic. I do not pay for ripping programs, except that I have AnyDVD but only because it makes life easy. I still test movies that people are having problems with on other free software. I have found that RI4M will do almost any movie without any problem.

Someone asked me how it can work because it uses outdated programs. RI4M is a program in itself that combines the other outdated programs and makes them work. RI4M is free and that is why it is so highly recommended on this site. In combination with another free program called VobBlanker, or a great program that you can buy called DVD ReMake Pro, you can rip and then shrink anything with fantastic quality.

"dvdlover7" I grant you that Nero Recode2 works better than DVD Shrink, however, Shrink is still a very powerful program when used correctly. It has an Analysis, Set to DVD [-ROM], burn with Nero, burn with Decrypter, and a lot of other features. You can even burn movies with ImgBurn whether the movie is in ISO format or VTS and IFO format. For absolutely no money spent anybody can use a combination of free programs to make a backup of just about any movie, if not all of them. So remember that everyone does not have the money to buy fancy programs. It is our job as a community of knowledgeable people to share free methods to back up movies. Some of the methods require a little more explanation, or pics to help with the explanation, but I look at this site as a way to share knowledge.

Of course that is just my opinion. I think that "garmoon", "PacMan777", "alkohol", "John123", "Binkie7", "Creaky", and the list goes on... will all agree with me. Feel free to state your opinion if you feel different.