1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - works half the time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by uponthis, Mar 14, 2004.

1. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Here is my dillima: After i use DVD Decrypter, i use DVD Shrink. I go through the process and begin to burn the movie to a dvd+r, half the time it is successfull and the other half my dvd player says the dvd i just burned is incompatible. Why does dvd shrink does this and waste good dvd's for? I can burn the whole movie sometimes in either mode (reauthered, or whole disk) if one does not work, the other will. Can someone help?

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

hi uponthis,

You don't need to use DVD Decrypter if you use DVD Shrink (except for a few very rare occasions), simply put in the original and open DVD Shrink. This might solve your problem, but maybe not.

Are you using the built in burning option in DVD Shrink? You might want to make sure that the movie works before you burn it, so instead of directly burning the disc, save the compressed movie to your harddisc and open it with a software DVD player (PowerDVD, WinDVD etc.) and make sure it works. If yes, then burn it with Nero or DVD Decrypter (with ImgTool Classic) or whatever burning program you use.