1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - works half the time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by uponthis, Mar 14, 2004.

1. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

Here is my dillima: After i use DVD Decrypter, i use DVD Shrink. I go through the process (i not use deep annalysis) and begin to burn the movie to a dvd+r, half the time it is successfull and the other half my dvd player says the dvd i just burned is incompatible. Why does dvd shrink does this and waste good dvd's for? I can burn the whole movie sometimes in either mode (reauthered, or whole disk) if one does not work, the other will. Can someone help?

2. vvha

vvha Member

It looks like it could be an issue with either the media you're using or your burner. I've been using dvd-shrink for a long time and have never had that kind of problem in either mode.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What software are you using to burn the disc?

Cheap media could be a problem as well.

Your standalone player may be picky. Take the discs your player rejects and try them in some other players.

4. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

The dvd+r's that i use are either Sony or Maxwell DVD+R 120min 4.7 GB disk. My dvd drive is a Memorex DVD+RW/+R. Less than 3 months old! I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink all the time.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I know what software you're using to rip the dics but what software are you using to burn the files after you rip?

Shrink doesn't have an internal burning engine so you must use other software to burn or are you using Decrypter's burning engine?

Try your burned discs in other players. If they work fine in other players then the problem is your player.

Do you have problems with both the Sony and Maxell discs or just one brand? The Maxells are a good make but the Sony's may be a rebranded cheap disc.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro/M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  6. uponthis

uponthis Regular member

the burn engine i have it set with is the one installed with the computer. But if i understand what you are asking, it is also has Nero 5 set to use. But it may be burning and my dvd player will not read it. but it does on most burns.