1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rlelange, Feb 26, 2004.

1. rlelange

rlelange Member

I just started using "DVD Shrink" and every DVD copy I've made so far will only play in my computer. Does anyone know why this is?

2. tyburn

tyburn Member

I have some friends that have the same problem as you are. It realy depend on what kind of burner you are using and also your stand alone DVD player, If the DVD player is too old, it might not support the dvd-/+R format. Could you give us more info. on your burner, you DVD player and the DVD media that you used. So that we could try to help you

3. nuthead

nuthead Member

hello
    Another problem that I have just found recently that can unable playback on dvd players is if there is a huge amount of files or ifo bup, and vobs then some players like mine cannot play does movies. It usually happens when there are usually a huge amount of photo gallery or possibly notes and other non video parts hidden in the menus when using DVD Shrink. I am guessing that there is too many files for a dvd player to play. If you have a PBC option on your dvd player I would try to use it since I was able to play my movie using this button. It should be able to search the disc and hopefully recover the movie titles to be played. Hope this helps.

4. rlelange

rlelange Member

I have an IOMEGA burner in a Dell P-4. I also have a Philips and a Panasonic DVD recorders that record on the R and RW discs that play fine in my players. My DVD players are a JVC, SONY, SAMSUNG combo with the VHS, they are from 1 to 2 years old. I use what ever DVD's are on sale. Right now I have TDK. I didn't mension this before because I wanted to keep my question simple, but I have another DVD player. It was one of those $25 unit at the Christmas sales. Well they play on that one!!!!!!

Rich

5. aymin101

aymin101 Member

It's probably the discs you're using.

I had the same problem, but then i tried using a different brand of discs (TDK) and it worked fine in my stand alone player.

6. rlelange

rlelange Member

I went and bought another DVD player today to rule out my machines may be too old.
    I am having the person who told me about DVD Shrink come over tomorrow and bring one of his movie and try it in my machines. If they play I am going to look at my burning software. I am using "Easy CD Creator 5" platinum. It has the ability to make a DVD data disc. I don't know if a data disc is the format that will play in a DVD player.

Rich

7. flail

flail Member

Hi guys, I've been burning DVD's for a while now and when burning the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories to DVD for play in my XBOX or standalone Sony DVD-Player, I use RecordNow MAX v4.5 from Veritas.

I have never had a DVD that won't play in any standalone player since I have been using it. When using Nero, which DVD-Shrink can use, I have a lot more problems when trying it on other peoples DVD players.

RecordNow is not an easy application to find, but its the best i've seen for DVD burning :)

I haven't tried any of the newer versions due to the saying, 'if it works, stick with it!'.

8. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

it's your burning software. i would try nero or recordnow max. They have much better results.

9. RWG

RWG Regular member

You definately don't need to try to watch a data disc in a DVD player...it ain't 'a gonna work. Go to Ahead's (Nero) website and get the latest Nero. Burn your disc as a DVD-Video disc.

Are you burning -R or +R media?

RWG

10. rlelange

rlelange Member

I want to thank all of you for your help. My friend came over with one of his dvd's, and it played in my troubled dvd players. He gave me a dvd burning program, and now everything is working the way it should.

Thank you,

Rich