1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by steve-m, Feb 29, 2004.

1. steve-m

steve-m Guest

dvd skrink did the job but it will play on the pc but not the dvd player.
    can some one help me or tell me were i can get some more software.

2. dbandiera

dbandiera Guest

There are a lot of DVD-copy tools around, but Shrink is the only freeware I know. If you are willing to pay, have a look at http://dvd.box.sk/articles8.php for a comparative study of 7 tools.

Did you burn the disc with Nero directly from Shrink or did you have Shrink write the files to your hard disk before you burned them with any burning tool ?

3. steve-m

steve-m Guest

Did it with nero + dvd shrink.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Did you check the media compatibility between your burner and player? If you burn a +R blank and your player only plays -R, it won't work.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  5. dbandiera

dbandiera Guest

Indeed it might be a compatibility issue. Try to get a couple of DVD backups from a friend just to check which format(s) your player does support.

The brand is as important as the format. If your friend brings a Maxell DVD-R (for instance) and it plays fine, just buy one and burn it.

I made 20 backups with Shrink 3.1 and Nero 5.5 & 6.3. Only one coaster: when I tried to burn directly from Shrink (I guess it's a problem on my machine). Pay attention to the settings you use with Nero when burning a DVD-Video. There is a lot of guides about Nero around. Have a look at them. And I can give you the settings I use for Nero 5.5 and 6.3.

If you use Nero 5.5, make sure you have the latest version (5.5.10.42). If not, download it from http://www.nero.com/en/631933457317970.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
  6. steve-m

steve-m Guest

after 5 atemps with dvd shrink v3.1.7 +nero 5.5 i got 1 good 4 bad. the dvd disks that i have do the job when i bern dvd to dvd or copping.

7. steve-m

steve-m Guest

ps if so 1 has a older copy of dvd shrink can you send it to me.

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

Go to the official DVD Srink site: http://www.dvdshrink.org and get an older non-beta version of Shrink. 3.1.4 thru 3.1.6 work good.

What version of Nero 5.5.x do you have? If it's not a very late version it could be causing you problems (it did for me). I believe a new version of 5.5.x Nero was recently released....yep, Afterdawn reports this version available: The update is available at: ftp://ftp4.nero.com/Nero551056.exe

luck-
    RWG

9. 64026402

64026402 Active member

It's not Shrink, it's the nero. If your using DVD-Rs you need to set nero to finalize the DVD. This version of nero doesn't do it automatically and may cause problems in a stand alone player.

I use Shrink 3.17 with the write to image and burn with DVDDecryter. Turn off nero in settings.

10. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I also use Copy to DVD to burn files to DVDs when not in image form.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald[/small]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  11. steve-m

steve-m Guest

soved the copying with pinnacle instant copy v8 £29.99
    true dvd and cd duplication+dvd decrypter.
    a1 copys of dvds