1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by domer, Aug 23, 2004.

1. domer

domer Member

how do i shrink a big file any one know a better software for shrinking 7.45

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

Nero Recode 2 is nice.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi domer
    Anything that big I would use dvdrb/cce,its a little tricky to setup but after its setup it a one click tool:http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

the only drawback is the time it takes,but picture quality is unmatched imo .

good luck

jim

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

domer,
    Welcome. As you might know there are alot of programs that can compress the 7.45 gb file.
    I agree w/ jim_dandy that for the best quality use DVDRebuilder w/ CCE ( cost $ 58.00 ) NeroRecode is also excellent as is DVDShrink. Nero Recode is part of Nero Ultra ( $49.00-99.00 depending on where you buy it) DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 is FREE and if you are using the 2 pass encode is excellent.
    All of the above programs are not quick but they will give you above average to excellent results.

5. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Shrink is the best to get started. It can do a good job and has a lot of options and even if you move to something else your likely to still need it for checking out or ripping DVDs or making ISO or editing ect...

I use CCE/DVDrebuilder preference wise.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

domer, along with the excellent choices already offered, there is also Pinnacle InstantCopy 8 and Intervideo DVDCopy2. Along with recode, shrink,and Rebuilder/CCE, these are my top 5 burning apps.

i agree with jim dandy that RB/CCE is the absolute best, but shrink is free and you might want to get your feet wet before using RB/CCE. Altho it's easy to use you will need some knowledge to set it up.