1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Ant1709, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Ant1709

Ant1709 Member

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this error I get.

I get 3/4 way through of shrinking then an error comes up saying:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Programming error - exception occurred. The handle is invalid."

Can anyone help me with this error?

Thanks very much for any help from anyone.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

every once and a while dvd shrink will hit a dvd it just cant rip. in these cases, rip the dvd with dvd decrypter first.

3. michigan

michigan Guest

But, that is the only time you should use Decrypter first

4. Ant1709

Ant1709 Member

Thanks for your help.

But if I use DVD Decrypter I won't be able to burn the DVD files on to a DVD-R as there are too big, thats why I use DVD Shrink.

What do you do when the files are to big to burn on DVD-R?

Is there a way to get round this?

Thanks.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I don't think you understand, rip the files with decrypter in file mode to your HD.

Then open shrink and click on open files. From the window choose the file you just ripped from decrypter.

Use that file in shrink as you would any you had ripped with shrink off a disc. Burn with nero or use ISO and burn with decrypter.

It's all exactly the same except you ripped with decrypter instead of shrink. :)

6. Ant1709

Ant1709 Member

Hi

Oh right. Thanks very much.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problemo, good luck....

8. TheDigger

TheDigger Member

I have had this same problem recently. I uninstalled and reinstalled DVD Shrink. I also use DVD Decrypter before I use DVD Shrink. But, mine come sup with that error almost as soon as the encoding process starts.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

9. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

TheDigger, what DVD(s) do you encounter this problem with?

10. TheDigger

TheDigger Member

Just some movie DVD's... Bruce Almighty, Scarface, Scary Movie 3 the 2nd discs (bonus matierial) for Monsters Inc. and both Harry Potter's

11. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Are these original commercial discs, or "Home-made"?
    Are they clean and scratch-free?

12. jedi1

jedi1 Member

I had the same thing happen. I was using the latest ver:eek:f 3.2. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Finally tried a copy of ver:3.1.7.6 and it worked fine. Hope this helps.

13. TheDigger

TheDigger Member

ddlooping... they are commercial. Yes, they are clean and scratch free...

jedi1... I will have to try that. I did find version 3.1.7.6 last night. Thanks for the info.

14. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Have you tried deselecting "Enable burning with Nero", in the "Edit >> Preferences >> File I/O" menu?

15. TheDigger

TheDigger Member

Sorry, I haven't replied sooner. I've just been out of town and busy with work. I have not disabled the burning with Nero option. Will that work? I don't have problem doing other DVD's.. just a handful of them. I will also try version 3.1.7.6 sometime this week and see if that helps. Will keep you posted.. thanks for your help so far ddlooping!!

16. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No problem, let us know how you get along. ;)

17. shrinker

shrinker Guest

Have any of you had any problems with Shrink or Decrypter after installing SP 2 for XP Home. I have been told SP 2 interferes with some programs like Shrink. Any info. on this? Thanks

18. Treker

Treker Guest

Hi folks, just a few comments on things I´ve read here.First...DVD SHRINK FOREVER!...Sorry. On the xp service pack 2 issue,actually I haven´t noticed any problems like people seem to have had out there;everything still works fine. Perhaps it takes now a little longer to encode( but it was the same before sp 2)and it takes an eternity to burn.Maybe I just need cleaning all that junk floating around my pc.
    Last issue but not less important; ¿any real reason why I should upgrade from vers. 1.3?, It works fine, its well greased and the backups are fine.
    Thanks for being out there

19. OzMick

OzMick Guest

I like to live by the philosophy of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If it works perfectly fine as it is, don't touch it unless there are oodles of new features that you will ACTUALLY USE. Don't get suckered in by people hyping up their NEW & IMPROVED version if all the updates are completely useless. Hell, I can keep my computer virus free and running just fine on SP1, so Windows can go shove SP2 for all I care at the moment. At least that way I can run everything on there at the moment just fine and can rely on it staying that way. Well that is my opinion at least.

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm with OzMick, SP2 is causing problems all over and with DVD software. And it's not immediately noticeable, seems it gets progressively worse over time.

My security is just fine and I don't need Microsoft telling me I have to use their program. That's right, SP2 tried to install itself on my PC with my Auto updates turned OFF! It actually DL'd itself on my PC while I frantically tried to stop it.

There is a SP2 blocker by Microsoft that lasts for the next 8 months or so to keep this from happening.

http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/c...ftware;action=display;num=1093078864;start=40

They've even admitted SP2 has problems and are re-releasing it in November. Screw SP2!