1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Poems, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Poems

Poems Guest

OK...someone please help me. I have not been able to burn a DVD WHATSOEVER! I am using the guides (thanks Uncle ScubaPete)but here is my majr problem. Hmm...the BACKUP button on DVDshrink is not accessible. It is grayed out and I can't push it. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I am not sure. Also I get this error:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to read file "F:\"
    The parameter is incorrect.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved*

3. michigan

michigan Guest

Thanks Nephilim :)

Poems

Ok here we go
    If the back up button is greyed out you probably haven't opened the disc yet.
    Start up Shrink.
    Insert your original disc in your DVD drive.
    Click on the "open disc" button.
    On the drop down menu select the drive with your movie in it.
    It will now encode and you can take it from here with the Uncle ScubaPete guide (version - who the heck knows)
    Any more problems give a jingle.

4. Poems

Poems Guest

Thanks so much for the reply. When I try to open the disk...this is the error that I get:
    The parameter is incorrect.

I have tried with several other discs and I get the same thing every time. I also get it eith drive "E".

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Poems,
    Try ripping w/ DVDDecrypter first and then use ScubaPete's guide except where he told you to use open disc you will now use open file

6. donpiere

donpiere Member

Sounds like you may have 2 ide DRIVES AND YOU HAVE YOUR dvd IN THE WRONG DRIVE.

7. Poems

Poems Guest

Boy do I feel dumb......Um.....HOW do I RIP with DVD Decrypter? Please forgive me as I am like a newborn when it comes to this.

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Here's a good basic Decrypter guide. Should explain how to rip with Decrypter as well as burning with Decrypter (if you want to know).
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/small_dvd_2_dvdr.cfm

Also, can you post your specs? How many optical drives do you have? Have you tried re-installing the programs?

9. michigan

michigan Guest

[bold] Thanks so much for the reply. When I try to open the disk...this is the error that I get:
    The parameter is incorrect.[/bold]

Try this
    Open Shrink
    then insert your disc
    If the error comes up again do not shut down Shrink, with Shrink running open and close your DVD drive and try to open disc again.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8ghz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  10. Poems

Poems Guest

Thanks...I tried that also but yet it still did not work. It reads the DVD that is in there because it tells me that in drive F: it is the Five Heartbeats....BUT YET..it still gives me that error.

11. HBK

HBK Member

Ok people i dont have ne problem with Shrink But
    I got a ? Why is it when i back up a movie to the hard drive then burn it the movie plays fine but i wanna know is when i put the movie in the drive it wont say the name of the movie just it will say
    DVD MOVIE . does any body knows y it does this
    if you know please let me know thx