1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Suk, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Suk

Suk Member

It's apparant I am not the brightest bulb in the room. Question: Let's say I have put a movie in and completed the decrypting stage and have done the backup stage and burned it to a blank DVD. How do I then make another copy without having to start all over again by inserting the original and uploading it to my hard drive again?

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Method 1. Is the decrypted copy still on your hard drive?
    If it is then just burn it again to a new disc using whatever burning program you have.
    (I have heard it said on the grapevine that there are other burning programs out there besides Nero, but I don't believe it. Why would anyone else bother?)

Method 2. If you have a dvd rom and a dvd writer (or 2 writers) then put the copy in one and the blank disc in another and do a straight copy from one to the other.

Method 3. If you don't have the movie files on your hard drive anymore then just use Dvd Decrypter in 'iso read' mode to rip the files to the hard drive, then switch modes to 'iso write' and burn them onto the disc.

There's probably lots of other methods as well but these should be enough.

3. Suk

Suk Member

Thank you. I am burning with Nero but in order to make an additional copy while it is still on the hard drive I thought you had to do something with an ISO file. I will try again. Also, I do have two DVD burners but did not think you could take the copy and do a direct copy. I read somewhere that you could not do a direct copy if it was video. I will definitely try that also. Thank you so much for all your help. Perhaps I was trying to make it too difficult. Thanks again to everyone.

4. nist

nist Member

To make an additional backup with Nero, just drag all files in the ripped movie folder video_ts to the Nero VIDEO_TS folder (in DVD Video mode). You don't need to use ISO files, but it works as well (if you, for example created an ISO image with Shrink).

Direct copy with Nero (i.e. on the fly) works ok (at least for me) but problem might occur if the burners are in the same IDE channel. If they are, i recommend to use an image instead.

5. michigan

michigan Guest

Using Nero just do a disk copy. Start with your copy in the DVD drive and it will tell you when to insert the blank disc.

Agent-k just forgot this one ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8ghz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2004
  6. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Lol, yeah you're right michigan, I forget that some poor people may only have one dvd drive.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What type of files are you creating with Shrink? ISO or Video_TS files?

*note to myself - read the whole thread* ... So are you creating ISO's? If so get DVD Decrypter you can burn the ISO with it.

8. cobruh2k

cobruh2k Member

I notice that DVD Shrink can create ISO or Video_TS files. What's the difference between the two and is one preferred over another? I use DVD Shrink and I guess the default is Video_TS and I've never had problems. I use burnatonce to burn the DVD and both work great. I've never used DVD Decrypter to burn the DVD. Should I? Or should I just be happy it all works!!

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

cobruh2k,

It's just a preference ... or maybe the mood I may be in. I've done both ISO's and Video_TS files. For those who don't have a seperate burning program, decrypter is a great alternative.