Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shyne609, Sep 9, 2004.
i can shrink the punisher with dvd shrink can someone help me
whats the problem?
it wont let me shrink punisher
what error are you getting....I need something to work with.....whats happening that it wont let you shrink it
its says programing error
Did you try reinstalling shrink?
yes it starts with a kid running across a screen and the it says all that shit
do me a favor....look in the preferrences and look in the I/O tab and uncheck the option to burn with nero. Then try to shrink it and and run the encoding process
Hello put a still image in the unreferenced marterail for DVD SHRINK 184.108.40.206..Should be 88mb put a still image there to get it down to 20mb..[bold]Now with DVDSHRINK 3.1.7[/bold] you will have no problems....Promise!
JoshB~ Whats the problem and why wont it let him shrink? And what does making that a still image do. Is he trying to say that there is to much info and he is over the shrink maximun even though he shrank. Is he running into a problem where he has some red in his green bar?
will see if that works
Well the unreferenced marterial on some dvds I know have a protector,it's The Big Movie Comapnies trying to defeat us from making our backups.Like a repeating image..Just replace it with a still image and it will be fine..But DVDshrink 3.1.7 will copy it no matter what..
Hey 609 it will.....
JoshB~ If you just backup the main movie you should be ok right. Thats all I ever back up is just the movie.
Oh yea on reauthor it will work fine...Lets say you wanna back up the full disc and theres some cool stuff you want to keep(KEEP IT) and all the junk maybe a stupid 15minutes of comercials at 650mb takes up a lot of space just put a still image in it's place..You can find it on the right hand side were you customize compression it will say still image.....You can also download more images from shrink that look like the movie logos...HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE Im a little tired
But this is on some movie dvds not all..Trail and Error
_X_X_X_X_X_[small]A DVD is Like a Woman.It either will or won't![/small]
i finally figured out how to do it
1. rip the full movie using dvd decrypter to any where on your hard drive. take out the movie and put in a blank
2. start up dvd shrink
3. go to file/open disk image and select THE_PUNISHER. do not select the one that ends in THE_PUNISHER.mds
4. click on re-author
5. select main movie "Title 1" (on the right side of shrinkand drag and drop it into the 'dvd structure' window on the left
6. optional - right click it and go to set "Set Start/End Frames." from this screen you can edit out stuff like the credits or the marvel screen that starts up on evey marvel movie
7. click backup. it will start to redo what dvd decrypter did but now it will shrink the movie and get rid of stuff like the lame music videos and credits
8. after that is all done, pop in a blank dvd and it will burn it for you.
the whole process will take about an hour if you have a mid way decent system
ok I know this is an old thread but I get as far as step #6 and the question is when I click back ip what do I select ISO file ISO enable burn with dvd decrepter or save to hard disk which is it?
It's really up to you ISO (is what I choose)..if you select ISO burn with decrypter after it shrinks it opens dvd crypter,just a little time saver....To me I really don't like Nero..and don't use it...but my opion!
Fixes that have worked for some:
- In Full-disc mode, use "Still Image" on the "Unreferenced Materials".
- Use v3.2 Reauthor mode to do a movie-only backup (open DVD Shrink in Reauthor mode and browse to the movie title).
- Rip and process with DVD Shrink v3.1.7.
- Rip with v3.1.7 and process with v3.2.
Separate names with a comma.