1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fiveruner, Oct 10, 2004.

1. fiveruner

fiveruner Member

dvd shrink, after burning the copy pauses ans skips. What to do ?

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

After you have burned the DVD and it pauses , skips, freezes ; these are signs of inferior blank media or you are burning way too fast. Try Branded Riteks, Verbatims, T.Yudens and if you can burn no faster than 4X

3. regor

regor Regular member

Members please dispute if you do not agree but fiveruner also needs to be aware of 'blacklisted' programs and services that can adversely effect DVD authoring if DVD write opererations are interfered with i.e. virus scan, programs that support drag to disc technology. Just fyi, it's not necessarily just 'inferior' media. Although it is absolutely good practice to invest in quality media. Learnt from my own mistakes :)

Best. R

4. angelluv

angelluv Member

i learnt the hard way also . now i use rw quite the pocket book saver
    angelluv

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

RW will not save you money. I use RW only for experiments or when I first started. I use Decrypter for DVD-5 and Shrink for DVD-9. I have burnt 150 DVDs at 4x with no coasters and just a few split second jitters in all. I use Ritek Ridata 4X DVD+R 4.7G at a cost as little as $.46 each.

6. regor

regor Regular member

rroettger has a valid point. RW media is great for the obvious, but also key to testing burns where you are uncertain or just want to make ample sure you have perfected the authoring for a dvd video set, or even for a dup of a dvd movie you own (although shrink, et al other decent programs take the guesswork out of it in my opinion). I suspect that after you have become familiar with your burner and your media of choice you will no longer need the RW. Practice makes perfect so practice with RW and then go for the + or -R for you archives, etc.

my .02

R