1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tufftommy, Nov 8, 2004.

1. tufftommy

tufftommy Guest

I downloaded DVD shrink and have selected the "Disable DSS copywrite". When it "analyzes" and is ready to copy, I get another message saying, "Cannot copy -- disc is copywrited". I used dvd43 along with the pautin-couffin drivers (www.dvd43.com -- the REAL free software), and once dvd43 removes the copywrite protection, it will burn on nero. Although it works fine, even on PS2, why do I have to go through that if shrink supposedly has a copywrite remover? Also, for those with dvd drive errors, I have found that if you go to the hardware section of your dvd and "populate" the dvd, it will recognize the disc. Please let me know on my minor dilemma. Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Try playing the movie in a software player for a few seconds before opening Shrink :)

3. tufftommy

tufftommy Guest

Playing the movie won't work -- the computer won't recognize the drive at all. The workaround was that I right clicked on the dvd drive's icon, clicked properties, clicked hardware, selected the dvd drive, clicked volume, and then populate, then the computer recognized the drive. But I have to do this every single time. There's got to be a better way. Although, once it does work, I burn the movies with Shrink quite nicely. Thanks, T

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Try this:

Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm