1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gfxbss, Jan 9, 2005.

1. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

I wanted to see if anyone knows if TDK DVD-Rs' will work with DVD Shrink, i know it doesnt like some off brands of DVD-Rs' so i wanted to check and see if anyone knew.
    Thanks,
    GFX

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

DVD Shrink is not necesarilly the determining factor as to whether or not your TDKs will work correctly or not(as long as you do everything correctly). The two things to consider are your drive and you DVD Player.

3. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

The only reason i wanted to ask is because i had a brand called TEON, and it worked w/ dvd copy platinum and roxio 6 on my computer, but it didnt work with dvd shrink.

I have a few different programs for different purposes

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What do you mean by "it didn't work"? Wouldn't play?
    What burning program do you use with Shrink?

5. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

DVD Shrink would give me an error sayin the wrong kind of medium was in the drive......if i wanna rip the dvd to my harddrive, i use DVD Shrink........To do straight burns.... i use DVD X Copy Platinum.........if i wanna make a copy of a burnt DVD, then i use Roxio Easy CD/DVD Creator 6..... If the DVD is Encrypted, then i use DVD Decrypter...... Thanks for tryin to help

GFX

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I was confused for a moment, but now I think I get what you are saying.
    You were trying to rip from the Teon DVDR. Seems Shrink is rather picky about ripping from backup copies. Really though it's not something you need to do. Doing a disc copy in your burn proggy is much quicker and easier.