1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BruinsGal, Jan 16, 2005.

1. BruinsGal

BruinsGal Member

I've been using DVD Shrink to back up all my movies, whether they need to be shrunk or not. Is it OK to do this?

It just seems like a hassel to see if they need to be shrunk with DVD Decrypter and if so, then open up DVD Shrink rip it, shrink it, whatever and then use another program (Nero for instance) to back it up.

I'm using a Gateway laptop w/a DVD +/- RW to burn DVD - R's.

It's working fine my way, I just didn't know if there were specific reasons to use another program to burn besides DVD Shrink.

Thanks
    BruinsGal

2. J_man

J_man Regular member

Their are many ways to intertwine these two programs and everyone might have a differt prefrences of one over the other.I tend to use shrink for ripping and compressing to an iso file then decrypter just for burning. If shrink won't do the ripping the I will switch to decryptor to rip,then shrink and finally decryptor to burn once again.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you go into Shrink's settings you can set it auto burn with Nero or Decrypter(your choice) so that you don't have to open either to burn back the copy. Once set up, Shrink will start the burn with the program you pick after its done decrypting and compressing.

Jerry

4. BruinsGal

BruinsGal Member

Thank you for that information ... does one program have 'superior' burning abilities vs. another? Is there a reason Nero would be better than DVD Shrink or any other program?

This stuff is all new to me, and it's so touchy and the equipment is so picky.

Making coasters is fun though :)

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Shrink can not burn back by itself. It either will use Nero or Decrypter as the burn engine. I don't think there is any quality difference between a burn with Nero or Decrypter. I always use Nero, but Decrypter is a free download. The choice is yours.

Jerry