1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jwaite, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jwaite

jwaite Guest

I recently installed DVDShrink after buying and formatting a new hard drive. It now takes about 90 minutes to analyze a DVD and store it to my hard drive. When I had it installed previously it took between 10 and 20 minutes. Anyone had this same problem?

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Open Device Manager, select IDE controllers, Secondary IDE Channel, right click on properties select Advanced Settings tab. Transfer Mode should be some form of DMA (ultra,2,4). It is now set on PIO which happens when you have read errors Windows switches to the slow mode to stop the errors. Try switching it, but you may have to uninstall your driver and reboot. The drive will reinstall. Check the Transfer mode.

3. jwaite

jwaite Guest

How do I uninstall and reinstall my drivers? My transfer mode is already set at DMA.

4. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

If it is on DMA then you do not need to reinstall your driver. Open Device Manager, select IDE controllers, Secondary IDE Channel, right click on properties select Drivers tab and click on uninstall.

Have you changed setting on Shrink (deep analysis or AEC) or are you doing larger movies that need more compression.? Are you running any other programs whille using Shrink?

Since you changed hard drives check the DMA. It is on the frist IDE channel. It should be in DMA Mode 5.