1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by WEST04, Feb 9, 2005.

1. WEST04

WEST04 Member

hey guys please cud u you help im getting very peed off here :( im have been using dvd shrink for a while but today it went all weird no matter what dvd i put in the drive to copy with shrink i get 'dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue failed to read file D:/ copy protection error_the read failed becuase sector is encrypted' i dont get why it says this all the time i havent down anyhting to it i have an asus dvd rom x16 drive as master and a nec dvdr 3520 as slave also my media player 10 has f***** up will play dvds but wont play sound if u cud help me with either wud be much appreciated thanx for ur time

2. WEST04

WEST04 Member

okay managed to sort out the media player prob but this dvd shirnk thing is now killing me :(

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd ripping*

Ya know there is a dedicated Shrink forum ... For Shrink questions.

Also, there are alot of newer copy protections out ... ones Shrink cannot get passed on it's own.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

try ripping it with dvd decrypter first,then shrink it,then burn it
    decrypter is a more powerful ripper
    try anydvd also

5. esoterike

esoterike Guest

I keep getting the same " copy protection I/O error " window while ripping with dvd shrink and a new NEC 3520a which records fine. I've tried about three different firmwares and 5 different movies (no play-surface scratches) and in the middle of the movies I get the dvd shrink (3.1 & 3.2) window at about the 2gig mark. Ripping with another dvd-drive and no issues. What could it be? ..the drive?