1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by recruit05, Mar 17, 2005.

1. recruit05

recruit05 Member

I'm new to this however I can't find any info on my problem. The problem is sometimes I can't pull up my dvds with dvd shrink I will get an error that says "DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue. No disc is in the drive. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formated." I recieve this message more frequently now and the dvd's that I recieve it on play fine in my dvd players. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What version of Shrink are you using? Have you tried reinstalling it?

3. jd2523

jd2523 Member

My suggestion is to uninstalling shrink. Go into the control panel when you unstall it. Then try reinstalling. Make sure you get the latest version.

4. recruit05

recruit05 Member

I am using dvd shrink 3.2 I did not try to reinstall because I was sure if the problem is dvd shrink or the internal burner in my lap top.

5. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

Hey,
    Not all PC dvd players play all the types of dvd discs. For example, my laptop does not play dvd-r discs. I can take a dvd like Finding Nemo, have it read by that player then it gets burned in my external Pioneer burner. I cannot play that backup on laptop. Look in your PC/Laptop guide to see what discs you can play in your player. It could be as easy as that.
    BB

6. recruit05

recruit05 Member

I called tech support and they say that I should be able to read any kind of dvd, but I can only write plus RW dvds

7. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

The in sounds more like a DVD Shrink issue, do what the other say reinstall and see what happens. Do you use your internal hard drive or an external hard drive for your copies?
    I've made stupid mistakes like not having my external hard drive turned on when using DVD Shrink. Also I didn't go in a delete all the copies I've previously made. Good luck with the reinstall.
    BB

8. bradyboy

bradyboy Member

Sorry my external hard drive was turned off, not on. That was the stupid mistake. Sorry.

9. recruit05

recruit05 Member

thanks bradboy. i tried to reinstall but it's still having the same problems.

10. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I received a similar message (not sure if exactly the same message) several times. I noticed that if I used Shrink, then immediately tried another disk, I got the error. I have to let DVD shrink "clear" itself before attempting another disk. I can tell when it's cleared when I run my mouse over the minimization buttons on the upper right of the program window and they highlight.