1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD skip test

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by MSTFreak, Feb 10, 2005.

1. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my dvds.

i let a friend borrow three dvds last week, 2 back ups and an original. well, i got them back and, not surprisingly, there were a couple of scratches on them. now, i [bold]always[/bold] keep my disks in cases and in the 2 years I had them not 1 scratch was there. but in a week he managed to do everything i tried to prevent. i am so freakin' pissed off!

anyway, i was hoping someone could tell me how to check to see if there was any damage done rather than having to watch the entire movie again. a tool, software, utility, anything! i really need a quick answer on this one, i am so damn stressed out you wouldn't believe it.

and if someone could please tell me how to get out these scratches i would be very grateful.

2. Scruff1

Scruff1 Member

Hi i am new to this forum too, but i have run into problems like yours many times.

first clean your DVD with Windex of any debris or finger prints and try again
    if that fails try some liquid turtle wax as turtle wax seems better than toothpaste as it does not leave a smeary residue. buff until clear.

give that a try.

3. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

its been a while since i came back... thought i'd bump this.