1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Skips

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by UH60, Mar 18, 2007.

1. UH60

UH60 Member

I am using DVD Shrink 3.2 with Nero6. I can burn a DVD just fine, but when I try to play it, it plays for a while then skips back a few chapters. I'm using Maxell -R DVD's. Have tried slowing write speed down, no luck. I'm EXTREMELY new at this, so any help is appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Illusenia

Illusenia Member

Have you tried to play this disc in the pc to see if the same thing happens? Try that to see if it's just the dvd player.

Maxell uses different companies to make their discs so that may be a culprit too.

You can post the Nero log too to see what's up.
    Go here - program files/ahead/nero/nerohistory.txt

The serial # is at the top of the log - need to remove that before posting it.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

DVD players can be picky on what it wants to play! So those -R Maxells are having a hard time playing on your particular DVD player. Like Illusenia said, "Maxell uses different companies to make their discs so that may be a culprit too." I would use +R media that is MIJ, made in Japan! MIJs are the best media you can get and most recognized by burners and players! Look for the MIJ on the box or spindle before buying. Taiyo Yuden (bought in online stores), Sony, Maxell, Fuji and other brands have MIJs but you have to make sure it says it on the label (Taiyo Yuden is the only one that is strictly made in Japan!). The +R media is better than the -R media as it can be booktyped to DVD-ROM and fool the player into thinking it's playing a store bought DVD! If your burner allows booktyping then your +R media can be booktyped and this will make it more compatible with most/all players! read these two web pages:
    http://www.booktypefaq.com/
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Why-DVDRW-is-superior-to-DVD-RW/
    Most skipping, freezing, pixelations, and non-playing issues by players are from the media being used, and/or burning speeds, and/or dirty disks, and/or burning too close to the edge of the disk! With this in mind, if you adhere to the above advise you will have more success when burning and playing your disks! Welcome to AfterDawn!

4. UH60

UH60 Member

Thanks for the info, I will try some different disks and let you know how it goes!