1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SmartRipper

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bgbrow, Aug 22, 2003.

1. bgbrow

bgbrow Guest

I am new at this and would like some help. I have ripped a DVD movie using SmartRipper following the instructions on this web site,then on to DVD2AVI and TMPGEcc,cutting the Video into smaller pieces and all the steps that are outlined.When I got to the part to split the file into 2 the first part did well then when I went to do the second half of the video I keept getting the message(ILLEGAL MPEG VIDEO STREEM) and didn't know what to do.It had taken some tome to get that far along. So then U went to have a look at the mpeg I had made and played it back much to my supprise it didn't have any AUDIO.Please help me get this working right.Thank YOU

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Why not just rip it all to a folder. Use TMPGEnc DVD Author to select half the VOB's, put them on one disc. Then select the other half, put them on a Second Disc. You wont have menus or extras though.

3. bgbrow

bgbrow Guest

Well thanks but being new at this I don't quite understand how to do all that.I'm a 67year old man trying to learn something that's all new to me.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

OK - do it like this.

Rip, but dont compress the movies using Smart Ripper/DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink (any of those) to a folder on the Desktop. Go to TMPGEnc DVD Author (User guide in my signature under user guides) and select new project. Add DVD Video (the VOB's only) to the project in the order they were ripped - ie VOB_01, 02, 03 etc.. until the size is around 4GB. Create an output. DO the same for the remaining VOB's and output to a seperate folder. Burn each folder to disc and TaDa - ur DVD is on two discs :)

5. bgbrow

bgbrow Guest

OK I will work on it tomorrow and see what I come up with.Thank you for your patience and help.I may need some more.
    Bill

6. bgbrow

bgbrow Guest

Can I also convert the movie to a VCD?

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, you can do that in TMPGEnc (convert to VCD/SVCD) or in nero 6 Recode.

8. bgbrow

bgbrow Guest

Well Thanks for all your help but I have failed to comprehend all this and will just buy DVD X COPY and do it that way,I was hoping I could make the DVD's into VCD's I did get a couple vcd's but they were jerkey,I used aprogram called VCD Galaxy and it seemed to work pretty good but produced a very jerkey VCD.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - read through some of the guides and you may find it easier to learn. Go to the VCD/SVCD forum on this site and ask or search for info there!