1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd srink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by luiggy77, Feb 15, 2007.

1. luiggy77

luiggy77 Member

Hi guys i have a little problem, i downloaded a movie to my hard drive using bitcomet ..the movie is 5.6gb( Scorpion king) i tried to shrink it with dvd shrink but is not letting me do that...what can i do.?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

luiggy77

If you downloaded the file, it's more than likely that's in a .avi or some other format? If this is the case, shrink won't see the file because it won't recognize the format, shrink will recognize and work with two file types....a movie file containing .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP files or ISO image files.

If the file you have is in an .avi format, you'll need to convert it to a dvd compliant format in order to use shrink. Try using a free app called avi2dvd for the conversion process, you can get it here along with a guide.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/avi_to_dvd_avi2dvd.cfm

If the file is of a different format, try using convertxtodvd for the conversion process, it's not free but worth the money if you plan on doing this often.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. luiggy77

luiggy77 Member

Thanks,i'll try that.
    One more question.....is there any software like that,that i can download for free.?

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

-Avi2dvd is free for .avi file
    -If you have an ultra/enhanced version of nero, nero vision will do it
    -For AVI/ DivX/ XVid/ DVD to DVD conversion try DIKO
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=DIKO

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You want a program you can use for a complete conversion without the video being marked by a trial? Nero Vision is what you're looking for. I own Nero 7 and the Nero Vision does as well as ConvertXtoDVD from VSO. ConvertXtoDVD trial marks output, so is useless except to see if you like how the program works. Both have a wizard style interface, so easy to use.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@luiggy77

If some of the free apps listed are still not what you're looking for and don't have nero, you can get the trial version to try here:

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-demo.php

As I stated above, nero vision will do the trick, and you're getting alot more than just that one application if you decide to buy it.

If you don't want to spend that much dough and don't need all the apps that come with nero, then convertxtodvd is the way to go, especially if the conversion process is all that's important to you.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

John
    Is the Nero trial still renewable every month? I remember a person used to be able to use it indefinitely as long as they were willing to reload it every month. After I got the retail, I didn't keep up with the trials.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Pac,

Not sure, I've never used a trial version. I've always purchased Nero from the get go because I was impressed with what was stated as to what it was able to do.

I don't see why the software developers would allow that to happen, usually the software will create a registry entry which indicates when it was installed and when it expired, so when one tries to reinstall the siftware, the registry entry will inform the application that the trial period has expired and prevents it form operating.

Just not sure?

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

johnl123, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

John
    Ahead plays or played a bit differently. With Nero 6 a person could do unlimited trials. At least when I was familiar with the situation. It was such a pain loading Nero 6, I'd gladly pay for the program so I wouldn't have to load it every month. Then when Nero 7 came a long, I went retail there. I guess I'll have to check with Gwendolin or some of the other Nero regulars.