1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD starts jumping 3/4 of the way though the film???

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Marty_uk, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Marty_uk

Marty_uk Guest

Hi all, i've had dvd shrink for a couple of weeks, the quaility is great....but when i watch the film on the stand alone dvd player it starts to jump near the end of the film, i thought it was the player but i leant it to a friend and it happenend on there player too, any idea's??

I've got a Emprex DVD dual 8x, i use Imation 8x DVD+R disc, my DVD player is a Aiwa XD-DV290 and i only burn at 4x speed.

i look forward to getting your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi Marty_uk
    Try using better media,imation is considered questionable at best.Go with(branded)taiyo yuden,verbatim,or ritek.
    You could also try reducing your target size in dvd shrink to 4300, so your not writing on the very edge,which is where bad media often fails.
    good luck
    jim

3. beltline

beltline Regular member

I agree with Jim_Dandy. Since you already got the Imation media. First try reducing the target size in DVD Shrink to 4300. If that doesn't work then you may also want to check for firmware upgrades. Sometimes firmware upgrades can help players compatability's with media. Then if things still aren't working, get better media. I'm betting it's the media, but sine you already have it (and if you can't return it), rule out everything else before pocketing out more money.

4. Marty_uk

Marty_uk Guest

Thanks guys for your comments, i'll try reducing because i brought 25 disc's....Doh :) Thanks.