1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd storage - suggestions and opinions please

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by billwebso, Feb 15, 2005.

1. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I am leaning towards storing my back-ups in a binder. Any suggestions on what to look for and to avoid. Brands, materials etc.
    Please share your experience and opinions please.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I use CASE LOGIC binders with slip windows. I believe they hold 96 each. Have for a couple of years now and still in good condition. Simulated leather.

3. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I was looking at the 264. I assume that CD case would suffice for DVD's. The cloth or what ever it is won't affect the discs?

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Correct it wont hurt the disc.just be carefull putting them in and taking them out,not to get fingerprints on them.I have the 264 one also.

5. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

6. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

I've always used the slim jewel cases for dvd storage. The dvds lay flat and have no uneven pressure applied to them regardless of the case position. I've made printouts which include a brief movie description along with the cast info that fit inside the case front. I'm also using different case colors. A different color per movie gender.

Case Logic books are nice but with perhaps one drawback. The dvds are stored in a possition to where long term storage could cause warping. Now this is what I read and I have no idea to their meaning 'long term'. I've had cds stored in a case logic book for the past ten years and play just fine. A positive note about the case Logic books are that they are portable.

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Pony321

I‘ve only had them for a couple of years but my DVD’s are fine. I'm sure you agree that once the disks are in the slip folders, they lay completely flat, one against the other. I can't possible see how they could warp even if they wanted to. If you have had them in there for over ten years then I think it’s safe to say they work well. And yes, the way you can pick up the handle and move them around so easily is great. I actually put little 3x5 cards in the slips when my neighbors ask to borrow a DVD, just like a library card, letting me know when and how long they’ve had it. I even make them sign it!
    But they bring them back in great condition. LOL

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  8. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

They lay flat as long as the Case Logic book isn't stored on it's bottom edge (like a book). The pages inside aren't rigid and the dvds tend to lean against each other. My case logic cases are stored face down to where the pages lie flat against each other and the weight is distributed evenly.

There's many proper ways of storing dvds. The most important factor is that they be stored away from harmfull situations such as direct sunlight , dirt dust ect. ect.

9. Augmented

Augmented Member

Organizing is a big issue for me. I use slim cases.

Kds has an electronic organizer that holds up to 75 disks. It is USB controlled from your pc. It comes with catalog software, so when you want a movie, it spits it out. However, they are still quite expensive. They also have been giving people errors.

Until the industry gets there act together, I will stick to my good old' slim line. I also use MovieCollectorz. I value this software 100%. A+ beautiful!

10. budberner

budberner Guest

Slim cases,$8.88/50 @ Walmart stored upright in drawer in the dark for originals. Put the back-up in original case stored upright.

11. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hey budberner,I love the name LOL

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  12. budberner

budberner Guest

I couldn't come up with a better handle then my real name. My parents were "FREE THINKERS" from the sixties