1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to .avi files?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by free377, Aug 24, 2010.

1. free377

free377 Member

I'd like to burn a whole season of Mary Tyler Moore DVDs onto 1 DVD (or CD--possible?) so when I travel I can take them with me on a vacation, share with friends, etc. Are there any programs that are truly free and downloadable (that do NOT just allow you to do the first 5 minutes and then ask you to buy the program) that will allow me to easily transfer those episodes from regular DVD files to .avi files and then burn them? I use VobBlanker now for foreign DVDs to switch the files to NTSC and that is so easy, that's the kind of ease I am looking for. Thanks.

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

You can use a program such as autogk to convert your dvd files to avi.

3. free377

free377 Member

Thanks kindly. I will check that out!

4. free377

free377 Member

And do you know which type of file I am looking for? Is an .avi one the right one, and is that an option on there? Years ago someone put each of their Seinfeld seasons on one disc each for me, and I THINK it was an .avi file?

5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

You choose the video_ts files and select the output to avi.....and you select the size of the avi files you want....I normally choose around 1400MB for mine.

6. free377

free377 Member

Oh, as I was hoping, that sounds good and easy. I'm relatively savvy, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks again!