1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to AVI/Xvid oddities

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by sinister7, Nov 2, 2011.

1. sinister7

sinister7 Member

Hello all,

Recently Ive decided to backup my DVD collection with the intent on converting the main movie into AVI/Xvid for easy streaming of the film to my PS3. I have had success with a few movies so the process seems ok, but its not consistant.
    Ive been using Aimersoft Video converter pro to load the dvd folder, I select the whole movie (not checking scene selection or bonus features), then choose the output file format, usually AVI.
    Heres what gets me, sometimes it will result in the whole movie as an AVI (what I want), and sometimes Ill get the movie in two parts, one is always about 2.0gb and the other part is a few hundred Megabytes. The larger file is unreadable by just about every video player program Ive tried, and the smaller one plays just fine but its usually only the last few minutes of the film/credits. Im really stumped as to why this affect only some videos or at all. Anyone have an idea as to why this is or a better method to use for this purpose. Thanks in advance.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member