1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd to cd

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by T-dawg, Feb 19, 2003.

1. T-dawg

T-dawg Guest

hey,
    i'm trying to get a dvd onto a cd. does anyone know how to do this?? i'd really like advice!! thanks!

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

The question is more, which target are you heading for ? DivX/VCD/SVCD ? do you want it to be playable on a DVD or just PC ?

3. T-dawg

T-dawg Guest

I'd really like it if i could get it to play in a dvd player!! Thanks for your help!!

4. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Since DVD is your target, then we have two choices, VCD or SVCD, in VCD you can put most movies on a single CDR, in SVCD, it takes minimum 2 CD's for movie and most cases 3 atleast.

you can follow the guides here in the articles section, or you can try my own guide here: www.sefy.dtdns.net (choose any link that is fast for you)

5. T-dawg

T-dawg Guest

thanks

6. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Glad To Be Of Help! :)
    If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

7. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Hi Sefy,

Can I copy a DVD to many CDs without the loss of quality, and features like language and subtitle options.

I have ripped the DVD to the HDD and the each VOB is 700 MB. But you have to copy all the VOBs to a single folder for them to work.

Can I make totally new IFOs for each VOB so that all the VOBs run independently at different locations. It is ok if the DVD only works on a PC.

Zamsak

8. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Technicly what you will create is a MiniDVD, which will only play on maybe 3 or 4 DVD models out there, but since you aim for a PC only playback, you shouldn't have too much problem.

But as far as I know, each VOB is exactly 1gb in size, not 700, but if you broke the cutting of the movie into 700mb segments, you should be able to do it, I suggest you follow one of the DVD to MiniDVD guides.